31.2692, Calls: Gen Ling, Lang Acquisition, Phonology, Semantics, Syntax/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Aug 31 15:33:44 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-2692. Mon Aug 31 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.2692, Calls: Gen Ling, Lang Acquisition, Phonology, Semantics, Syntax/Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 11:32:50
From: Joanna Wall [j.h.wall at uu.nl]
Subject: Conference of the Student Organisation of Linguistics in Europe 29

Full Title: Conference of the Student Organisation of Linguistics in Europe 29
Short Title: ConSOLE 29

Date: 26-Jan-2021 - 28-Jan-2021
Location: Leiden/Online, Netherlands
Contact Person: Joanna Wall
Meeting Email: j.h.wall at uu.nl
Web Site: https://sites.google.com/view/console2021

Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Phonology; Semantics; Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 15-Sep-2020

Meeting Description:

The 29th edition of the Conference of the Student Organisation of Linguistics
in Europe (ConSOLE) will be held online on 26-28 January 2021.

ConSOLE aims to provide graduate (MA, PhD) and advanced undergraduate (BA)
students with the opportunity to present their research in linguistics to an
international audience.

Graduate (MA, PhD) and advanced undergraduate (BA) students are invited to
submit abstracts for both oral presentations (20 minutes plus additional 10
minutes for discussion) and poster presentations.

Important information on conference format:
Taking into account the current situation in the Netherlands and other
European countries, we have now decided that the conference will be held in a
fully online format.

Our confirmed invited speakers:
 - Dr. András Bárány (Leiden University)
 - Prof. dr. Yiya Chen (Leiden University)
 - Dr. Aleksei Nazarov (Utrecht University)
 - Prof. dr. Jeannette Schaeffer (University of Amsterdam)
 - Dr. Hazel Pearson (Queen Mary University London)

For updates on the conference follow us on Facebook
(https://www.facebook.com/SOLE-Student-Organization-of-Linguistics-in-Europe-1
03009994659127/), visit our website
(https://sites.google.com/view/console2021); for further queries on
submissions or the conference in general contact the local organising
committee via email (console29leidengmail.com).

Call for Papers:

We invite papers from all linguistic subfields (e.g. language acquisition,
morphology, phonetics/phonology, semantics/pragmatics, sociolinguistics,
syntax) and methodologies (e.g. computational, experimental, fieldwork,
theoretical).

The deadline for submitting a paper is 15 September 2020 at 23:59 (GMT +1).

We aim to send notifications of acceptance by the beginning of November 2020.

Abstract guidelines:
 - Maximum 2 submissions per author (with at most one single-authored paper)
 - Maximum 2 pages A4 Abstract (including references, examples, tables and
figures)
 - 2.5 cm (1 inch) margins
 - 12 pt Times New Roman font
 - The submission(s) must be anonymous and not reveal the identity of the
author(s) in any way (be sure to remove metadata from the file).
 - PDF format
 - Authors should specify whether they would like to be considered for oral or
poster presentation, or for both.
 - Abstracts must be submitted through EasyChair
(https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=console29) by 15 September 2020 at
23:59 (GMT +1)
 - Abstracts which do not comply with these guidelines may be excluded from
the reviewing process.

For general tips and advice for (novice) abstract writers, see e.g.
https://www.linguisticsociety.org/resource/model-abstracts and
http://sle2019.eu/downloads/Guidelines%20for%20writing%20abstracts.pdf

For information on poster presentations, see our website
https://sites.google.com/view/console2021/