31.3698, Calls: Hist Ling, Semantics/Brazil

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Dec 3 03:51:43 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3698. Wed Dec 02 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3698, Calls:  Hist Ling, Semantics/Brazil

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 22:50:32
From: Luciana Sanchez-Mendes [sanchez.mendes at gmail.com]
Subject: V International Conference on Historical Linguistics

Full Title: V International Conference on Historical Linguistics
Short Title: V CILH

Date: 19-Jul-2021 - 25-Jul-2021
Location: Campinas, Brazil
Contact Person: Luciana Sanchez-Mendes
Meeting Email: sanchez.mendes at gmail.com
Web Site: https://www2.iel.unicamp.br/v-cilh/english/

Linguistic Field(s): Historical Linguistics; Semantics

Call Deadline: 21-Dec-2020

Meeting Description:

The V International Conference on Historical Linguistics – V CILH – will take
place online, starting on July 19, 2021. The V CILH will be also an
opportunity to pay homage to two outstanding linguists that helped crucially
to the development of Historical Linguistics in Brazil: Mary Kato and
Charlotte Galves.

Our virtual structure is composed of two environments:
(1) this official website and
(2) the auxiliary website (https://www.even3.com.br/vcilh2021/), where the
activities of the event will take place: abstract submission, registration,
access to the detailed program and to the presentation rooms.

The conference will include conferences, communication sessions, poster
sessions, workshops and short courses. We welcome papers related to one of our
six great thematic areas:
 - Textual criticism, text editing and digital humanities;
 - Theoretical linguistics;
 - Linguistic change, contact and language acquisition;
 - Lexicon;
 - Sociolinguistics, dialectology and social history;
 - Linguistic historiography, literature and culture.

Call for Papers:

Important dates:
September 28 – December 21, 2020: Submission of abstracts
Until February 15, 2021: List of approved papers
>From March 1 – April 30, 2021: Registration and enrollment in short courses

How to participate:
Choose your type of work: oral presentation or poster. Oral presentations are
also eligible for submission in one of the 14 workshops offered (see list
further below). The accepted languages ​​are: English, Spanish, Galician or
Portuguese; in the case of abstracts in a language in which you are not
proficient, we kindly suggest it to be reviewed by a copyeditor.

You can submit a work as an author, and up to 4 as a co-author. The maximum
number of authors submitting the same work is 5 people.

Attention! Review your text before submitting it – within 7 days after its
upload, it will be sent to the referees.

To present your abstract, follow these rules:
 - Title, keywords, and text must fit on the first page;
 - The second page can be used for references, and optionally for examples,
graphs, tables or figures that complement the text;

Text organization:
 - Title (in bold and capital letters)
 - Author’s name, followed by his/her institution in parentheses
 - Keywords (3 to 5 elements)
 - Text (500 to 600 words: must include objectives, methodology / theoretical
framework, results and conclusion)
 - References must follow the Chicago format

Check the template available on our website.

Text formatting:
 - Layout: A4 Page, with margins of 2.5cm on all sides
 - Font: Times New Roman, Size 12
 - Paragraph: Single Spacing
 - Two files must be sent, one anonymized, i.e. without the name of the author
(s) below the title and without their identification in the file settings, and
the other with author information and his/her institution;
 - The files must be in PDF, DOC or DOCX format, with 2 MB of maximum size
each.

How to submit an abstract:
1) Visit the website https://www.even3.com.br/vcilh2021/
2) Click on LOGIN button in the upper right corner of the page
3) On the next page, choose how to enter the system: via your Facebook
profile; or via email and password (if you have used the even3 platform
before, insert the data, if not, click on Cadastre-se (Register):
4) Once your profile is registered, you shall see at the top of the page “Área
do Participante” (Participant area). Click on “Submissões” (Submissions) in
the menu on the left
5) Click on “Submeter” (Submit)
6) Select the type of work (“Comunicação oral” – oral presentation – or
“Pôster” – poster) from the menu that appears at the top of the page
7) Then fill out the form with the required information: In “Área Temática”
choose the thematic area or ​​workshop your work fits in (only for oral
presentations) and in “Título” type the title of your work. Also upload the
requested files (“Trabalho identificado” – file with author identification and
“Trabalho não identificado” –  file with the anonymized abstract). Then select
the author(s), identify who is going to be the work presenter, and check the
box at the bottom “Declaro que li e estou de acordo com as regras de
submissão” (I declare that I have read and agree with the submission rules).
Finally, click on “Submeter” (Submit) at the bottom of the page;
8) You will receive an email with a receipt of your submission in your email
address. Good luck!

How to register and how to enroll in short courses: (Information will be
provided here when registration opens)