31.3723, FYI: 17th Call for enetCollect COST Action Short-Term Scientific Mission (STSM) Proposals

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Dec 4 04:55:37 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3723. Thu Dec 03 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3723, FYI: 17th Call for enetCollect COST Action Short-Term Scientific Mission (STSM) Proposals

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 23:51:56
From: Tanara Zingano Kuhn [tanarazingano at outlook.com]

The enetCollect COST Action (European Network for Combining Language Learning
with Crowdsourcing Techniques) is issuing its 17th call for Short-Term
Scientific Mission (STSM) proposals, with regular collection date on 1st of
January 2020
(http://enetcollect.net/ilias/goto.php?target=fold_1087&client_id=enetcollect)
. More information about enetCollect can be found on its official website:
http://enetcollect.eurac.edu/

Since travels planning has proven to be difficult due to potential last-minute
COVID-19 restrictions, from this date and until further notice, STSM proposals
can be submitted at any time, irrespective of collections date. See
“Application” below for more information.

STSMs are funded exchange visits between researchers involved in a COST
Action, allowing scientists to visit an institution or laboratory in another
COST country. They are aimed at fostering collaboration, sharing new
techniques and infrastructure that may not be available in other participants'
institutions or laboratories. STSMs are intended especially for young
researchers. The STSM grants contribute to expenses for accommodation,
traveling and subsistence according to a regulated COST scheme.

In a time of significant restrictions in large face-to-face meetings, STSM
visits are a great opportunity for researchers to work together in person
while keeping risks to a minimum (given a careful and responsible planning;
see below). Moreover, STSMs have proven to be highly effective networking
tools. Therefore, we would like to particularly encourage STSM stays.

If you would like to hear from former STSM grantees about their experiences
with their STSMs, enetCollect has launched a recurrent webinar taking place a
few days after every new STSM call. You will have the opportunity to ask
former grantees questions and have your curiosities satisfied. For the next
edition of our webinar, our invited STSM grantee will be Marianne Grace
Araneta (see flyer at
http://enetcollect.net/ilias/goto.php?target=fold_1084&client_id=enetcollect).
The webinar will be held on the 15th December at 3 pm CET and is expected to
last 30-40 minutes. If you are interested in joining us, just send an empty
mail  to stsm.enetcollect at eurac.edu with  "Request to participate in the next
STSM webinar" as subject and we will send you information on how to join.

[Application]
The procedure to submit an STSM application is described on the dedicated page
of the website.
http://enetcollect.eurac.edu/cost-tools-events/stsms/stsm-procedure/

Given the special situation with the pandemic that makes any planning
difficult, we currently do not limit applications to the official collection
dates but allow them at any time. If your application will require a decision
before the next collection date, we will get in touch with you and accommodate
for an anticipated approval of your application, otherwise it will be voted as
usual at the next upcoming collection date.

[COVID-19]
Given the current situation due to the COVID-19 pandemic, travel conditions
and border crossing regulations must be carefully assessed by STSM candidates.
For more information, access
https://www.cost.eu/who-we-are/about-cost/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-19-action
s/

Suggested collection date for application: 01/01/2021
Communication of results: 15/01/2020

Feel free to distribute this call to any relevant stakeholders.

Looking forward to receiving new STSM proposals.

Best regards,
Tanara Zingano Kuhn
STSM Coordinator

                     Computational Linguistics