31.3738, Jobs: Language Acquisition; Neurolinguistics: Assistant Professor, Université de Montréal

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat Dec 5 19:38:56 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3738. Sat Dec 05 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3738, Jobs: Language Acquisition; Neurolinguistics: Assistant Professor, Université de Montréal

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2020 14:38:25
From: Mireille Tremblay [mireille.tremblay.4 at umontreal.ca]
Subject: Language Acquisition; Neurolinguistics: Assistant Professor, Université de Montréal, Québec, Canada

University or Organization: Université de Montréal
Department: Linguistics and translation
Job Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada
Web Address: https://ling-trad.umontreal.ca/accueil/
Job Title: Neurolinguistics
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition; Neurolinguistics; Bilingualism

The Department of linguistics and translation is seeking applications for a
full-time tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor. The area
of specialization is neurolinguistics, with recognized expertise in the fields
of first or second language acquisition or bilingualism.

The appointed candidate will be expected to teach at all three levels of the
curriculum, supervise graduate studies, engage in ongoing research and
publication, and contribute to the academic life and reputation of the
University. This person will also play a leading role in the development of
the ‘Language and cognition’ component of our curriculum and in the
establishment of interdisciplinary collaboration with other departments of the
Faculty as well as in the preparation of courses offered in the programs of
other departments of the institution, notably the B.Sc. in cognitive
neuroscience.

Requirements
- PhD in linguistics or related field, with a solid background in fundamental
linguistics. Candidates who are still completing their dissertation will also
be considered. (Ph.D. candidates who are near completion will also be
considered).
- Technical knowledge in at least one field of neuroimaging.
- Excellent publication record in the field.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high-quality university teaching.
- An adequate knowledge of the French written and spoken language or a strong
commitment to mastering the proficiency level required, in accordance to
Université de Montréal’s Language Policy. An institutional learning support
program is offered to all professors wishing to learn French or improve their
communication skills.

The application file should contain the following documents:
- A cover letter;
- Application must include in the cover letter one of the following
statements: “I am a citizen/permanent resident of Canada.” or “I am not a
citizen/permanent resident of Canada”;
- Your curriculum vitae;
- Recent publications or research papers;
- Your teaching philosophy (maximum one page);
- A presentation of your research program (maximum two pages).
- Three letters of recommendation to be sent directly by the referees.

Université de Montréal is strongly committed to fostering diversity and
inclusion. Through its Equal Access Employment Program, UdeM invites
applications from women, Aboriginal people, visible and ethnic minorities, as
well as persons with disabilities. We will –confidentially – adapt our
recruitment mechanisms to the specific needs of people with disabilities who
request it. We also welcome applications from candidates of all orientations
and sexual identities. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply;
however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will
be given to Canadians and permanent residents.

Université de Montréal’s application process allows all members of the
Professor’s Assembly to review the application files submitted. If you wish to
keep your application confidential until the shortlist is established, please
mention it in your application.

Application Deadline: 31-Jan-2021

Email Address for Applications: souad.nahro at umontreal.ca
Contact Information:
	Professor and Chair of Department Mireille Tremblay
	Email: mireille.tremblay.4 at umontreal.ca