31.3772, FYI: Open Humanities Data Forum, 16 December 2020

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Dec 8 08:19:12 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3772. Tue Dec 08 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3772, FYI: Open Humanities Data Forum, 16 December 2020

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2020 03:18:27
From: Mandy Wigdorowitz [mw738 at cam.ac.uk]
Subject: Open Humanities Data Forum, 16 December 2020

About this event

What counts as data in the Humanities? What are the advantages of data
sharing? How can the creators of data receive credit through academic
publications? This Open Humanities Data Forum explores the broader view of
data sharing and publishing in Humanities research. It is an opportunity to
learn about open data and encourage its adoption. If you have created a
resource, a dataset, a corpus and you want to get academic credit for it, or
you simply want to see what is happening in this space, come and participate!

The Journal of Open Humanities Data is publishing a special collection of
data-focused papers exploring the widespread effects of COVID-19 through the
lens of the Humanities. The collection is entitled “Humanities Data in the
time of COVID-19” and is led by guest editors Sahba Besharati and Mandy
Wigdorowitz. The event will offer an opportunity to hear more about this
special collection and ask any questions you may have.

Schedule
Wednesday 16 December 2020, 10:00-11:30 GMT (see this in your time zone)
10-10:10 welcome and introductions
10:10-10:30 Open Humanities data and JOHD (Dr Barbara McGillivray)
10:30-10:40 My experience as an author in JOHD (Dr Marton Ribary)
10:40-10:50 The special collection “Humanities Data in the time of COVID-19”
(Mandy Wigdorowitz and Dr Sahba Besharati)
10:50-11:30 Discussion and Q&A

Registration
The event is organised by the Journal of Open Humanities Data and is free to
attend, you just need to register here
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSej19eN1KvO03s1LqwWSgV7uE1l3xuI2BGnbI
U9NcRY-T9U5A/viewform. Please note that the event will be recorded for future
dissemination. We run our online events on the Zoom platform and we recommend
you install this ahead of time. Access details will follow with the joining
instructions. There is a limit to the number of attendees we can have so we
will operate on a first come, first served basis.