31.3805, Calls: Disc Analysis, Lang Acquisition, Lexicography, Psycholing, Translation/Croatia

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Dec 11 00:22:34 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3805. Thu Dec 10 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3805, Calls: Disc Analysis, Lang Acquisition, Lexicography, Psycholing, Translation/Croatia

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 19:21:59
From: Brankica Bošnjak Terzić [lsp.teachers.conference at gmail.com]
Subject: 5th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE CONTEMPORARY CHALLENGES IN LSP TEACHING

Full Title: 5th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE CONTEMPORARY CHALLENGES IN LSP TEACHING

Date: 01-Jul-2021 - 02-Jul-2021
Location: Zagreb, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture, Croatia
Contact Person: Brankica Bošnjak Terzić
Meeting Email: lsp.teachers.conference at gmail.com
Web Site: http://unjsvu.hr/en/lsp-teachers-croatia-conference-update/

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis; Language Acquisition; Lexicography; Psycholinguistics; Translation

Call Deadline: 15-Feb-2021

Meeting Description:

The conference will host various speakers who will offer theoretical and
practical insights into the field of LSP (language for specific purposes),
including research studies, case reports, project presentations, reports on
teaching methods, commentaries and opinions.

We hope that the epidemiological situation will improve and that the
conference will be held face-to-face in Zagreb. In case the epidemiological
situation remains uncertain even then, the conference will be held virtually
on the same dates. More information about the conference can be found on our
website: http://unjsvu.hr/en/lsp-teachers-croatia-conference-update/

Call for Papers:

We welcome talks that present theoretical and practical insights into the
field of LSP including research studies, case reports, project presentations,
reports on teaching methods, commentaries and opinions. After a turbulent
period of the pandemic in which we engaged in online teaching and gained new
and different experiences, we also expect talks addressing the topic of
distance teaching and learning that can fit into the thematic areas of the
conference (full list available on our website).

Languages for the abstracts, podium presentations and papers are: English,
German, Italian or Croatian. Oral presentations will be 20 minutes plus 5
minutes for questions. Conference registration and abstract submission:
http://unjsvu.hr/en/conference-registration/

Abstract submission deadline: 15 February 2021
Notification of abstract acceptance: 1 March 2021
Registration and conference fee payment deadline: 1 May 2020 – 15 June 2021
Paper submission deadline: 30 September 2021

More info about the conference can be found at our website:
http://unjsvu.hr/en/lsp-teachers-croatia-conference-update/