31.3863, Books: The acquisition of aspect in a second language: Rastelli

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Dec 15 04:50:08 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3863. Mon Dec 14 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3863, Books: The acquisition of aspect in a second language: Rastelli

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Jeremy Coburn <jecoburn at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 23:49:49
From: Rachel Tonkin [rtonkin at cambridge.org]

Title: The acquisition of aspect in a second language
Publication Year: 2020
Publisher: Cambridge University Press
	   http://cambridge.org

Book URL: https://www.cambridge.org/us/academic/subjects/languages-linguistics/applied-linguistics-and-second-language-acquisition/acquisition-aspect-second-language?format=PB

Author: Stefano Rastelli

Paperback: ISBN:  9781108829038 Pages:  Price: U.S. $ 20.00
Paperback: ISBN:  9781108829038 Pages:  Price: U.K. £ 15.00
Paperback: ISBN:  9781108829038 Pages:  Price: Europe EURO 17.51

Abstract:

The acquisition of the aspect is a central area in Second Language Acquisition
research, the subject of hundreds of papers and dozens of edited volumes,
monographs and special issues. This introduction provides the reader not only
with a concise and plain presentation of the main hypotheses advanced in the
past, but also with an overview of contemporary research. Stefano Rastelli
shows how comparison of behavioural (production-comprehension), processing and
statistical data is improving - and partially changing - our understanding of
how learners acquire the aspectual distinctions of the target-language.

1. What are the Key Concepts; 2 What are the Implications for SLA?; 3 What are
the New Avenues for Research?; 4 What are the Key Readings?

Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition

Written In: English  (eng)

See this book announcement on our website:
http://linguistlist.org/pubs/books/get-book.cfm?BookID=149933