31.3895, Jobs: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Principal Analytical Linguist, Behavox

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Dec 16 21:56:43 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3895. Wed Dec 16 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3895, Jobs:  Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Principal Analytical Linguist, Behavox

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 16:56:12
From: Alex Barron [alex.barron at behavox.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Principal Analytical Linguist, Behavox, Montreal, Quebec, Canada

University or Organization: Behavox
Job Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Web Address: https://www.behavox.com/
Job Title: Principal Analytical Linguist
Job Rank: Other; Principal Analytical Linguist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics

About Behavox:
Behavox is shaping the future for how businesses harness their most important
raw material - data. Our mission is bold: Organize enterprise data into
actionable information that protects and promotes the business growth of
multinational companies around the world.

>From managing enterprise risk and compliance to maximizing revenue and value,
our data operating platform presents a widespread opportunity to build
multilingual, AI / ML - based solutions that activate data for every function
within a global enterprise.

Our approach is unique, and it’s validated by our customers who tell us to
keep forging ahead because no one else is aggregating, analyzing, and acting
on data to uncover opportunities or solve problems quite the way we are.

We are looking for fearless innovators who have an insatiable appetite for
building what no one has built before.

About the Role:
The Data Analytics Team creates applications that leverage tools provided by
the Behavox Platform to give clients insights into their data.  Specifically,
we work with subject matter experts to learn about topics like insider
dealing, and then, using linguistic rules, NLP, and machine learning, create
models to detect this illegal activity within our clients' data. Each
application is a small product itself - with its context, objectives,
approach, means.

What You’ll Do:
- Own the design and development of applications for Behavox CRX to
effectively aggregate, analyze and represent data, find patterns, outliers and
generate insights
- Work in close collaboration with other analysts, linguists, developers, and
experts
- Mentorship of other analysts, interviewing for potential hires and ownership
of the product you create
- Work with real data on challenging and diverse tasks in a very dynamic
environment
- Make a real impact on the largest global businesses

What You’ll Bring:
- Strong knowledge of programming patterns in Big Data field and under
high-load
- Solid expertise in linguistics / statistics
- Background knowledge / subject matter expertise across various risk domains
- Strong self-organization and project management skills: ability to clearly
define requirements, communicate risks and blockers to other team members
- Proven programming skills with an overall 5+ years of production experience
(Python, Groovy, Java, Spark - any of these)
- 2+ years of technical leadership experience

What We Offer:
- A truly global mission with a passionate community in locations all over the
world
- Huge impact and learning potential as our aspirations require bold
innovation
- Highly competitive compensation with 100% bonus pay already integrated
- Benefits include fully covered health coverage for employee and family
- Generous time-off policy and flexible work schedule
- World class relocation assistance

Please visit the application link below to apply.

Web Address for Applications: https://grnh.se/0f16756f1us
Contact Information:
	Talent Acquisition Partner Alex Barron
	Email: alex.barron at behavox.com