31.470, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Senior Computational Linguist, ServiceNow

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat Feb 1 21:31:46 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-470. Sat Feb 01 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.470, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Senior Computational Linguist, ServiceNow

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2020 16:31:07
From: Jonggun Park [park.jonggun at servicenow.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Senior Computational Linguist, ServiceNow, USA

University or Organization: ServiceNow
Department: Natural Language Understanding
Job Location: , USA
Web Address: https://www.servicenow.com/
Job Title: Senior Computational Linguist
Job Rank: Other; Senior Computational Linguist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward
the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help
the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.

We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We
are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our
product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career
at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.

What you get to do in this role:

Work in ServiceNow's NLU platform team and solve applied problems in Natural
Language Understanding, by leveraging Linguistic/statistical concepts and core
machine learning/AI tools and techniques. Opportunity to learn, work and
contribute to the innovative and enterprise grade ServiceNow’s Natural
Language Understanding and Artificial Intelligence engine as part of the
overall Platform-as-a-Service offering.

Specifically, you will:

- Design the natural language processing components of new ServiceNow NLU
capabilities by enhancing core NLU algorithms.
- Create Intent and Entity rules based on Syntax, Semantics, and or
Morphology.
- Maintain all new linguistic features up-to-date by documenting impeccable
documentation.
- Constantly run regression tools to verify/improve the quality of the NLU
capabilities.
- Participate in data collection, annotation, & analysis.
- Develop innovative patentable ideas that ensures the competitiveness of this
product within the domain of similar work being done in the industry.
- Collaborate with Engineers & Linguists on a daily basis.
- Provide linguistic expertise specifically in the field of Syntax, Semantics,
and Morphology.

In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:

- Masters in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics with 5-7 years of
experience.
- Working experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP)/Natural Language
Understanding (NLU) based solutions is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Syntax, Morphology, and Semantics
- Multilingual (German, Spanish, or Japanese is a plus)
- Strong knowledge in algorithms and data structures and implementing them in
Java.
- Experience with Linux, Git, Stanford Core NLP, Virtual Assistant, CFG,
Dependency Grammar, & Regex
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment is desired.
- Working experience within product development teams is a must.
- Must have demonstrated capabilities to create patentable ideas.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Hands-on experience with grammar work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability and interest
to mentor other junior linguists.
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with quick learning curve.

We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional
atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where
individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow
their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced
technology and talented developers in the business.

Email Address for Applications: park.jonggun at servicenow.com
Contact Information:
	Jonggun Park
	Email: park.jonggun at servicenow.com