31.522, Calls: German; Applied Ling, Discipline of Ling, Disc Analysis, Gen Ling, Hist Ling/Czech Republic

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Feb 5 15:28:58 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-522. Wed Feb 05 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.522, Calls: German; Applied Ling, Discipline of Ling, Disc Analysis, Gen Ling, Hist Ling/Czech Republic

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 10:28:20
From: Lenka Vankova [lenka.vankova at osu.cz]
Subject: Form and Function

Full Title: Form and Function

Date: 20-May-2020 - 22-May-2020
Location: Ostrava, Czech Republic
Contact Person: Lenka Vankova
Meeting Email: formundfunktion at osu.cz
Web Site: https://konference.osu.cz/form-und-funktion/

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Discipline of Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics

Subject Language(s): German (deu)

Call Deadline: 15-Feb-2020

Meeting Description:

The Association of Germanists of the Czech Republic and the Chair of German
Studies at the University of Ostrava invite you to an international conference
on the subject of form and function.

The form and function pair formula, familiar in all philological disciplines,
shows - also through the inherent alliteration - that both terms belong
closely together.

It is the task of our scientific work to constantly analyze, describe and
determine the relationship between the two terms, which can be understood
positively or interactively.

We look forward to interesting and stimulating presentations and discussions
in the three core disciplines of university German studies: Literature,
Linguistics, and Didactics.

We especially welcome papers and presentations investigating the concepts of
form and function and studying the form-function relation, which are assumed
to be one of the principal tasks of both theoretical linguistics and natural
language processing.

The focus of the conference is on two key linguistic concepts - form and
function and on the form-function relation, which is assumed to be one of the
principal tasks of both theoretical linguistics and natural language
processing.

We welcome contributions studying the relation of (linguistic) forms and their
functions or meanings in various discourses as one of the fundamental tasks of
linguistics, with important implications for natural language understanding.

Call for Papers:

Besides general linguistics, we especially welcome papers and presentations
investigating the following topics:
 - Historical Linguistics
 - Old and New German Written Literature
 - Literary Theory
 - Didactics (Deutsch als Fremdsprache, Deutsche Sprache und Kultur)
 - Translation Studies (Deutsch als Ausgangs- und Zielsprache)

The call deadline is 15 February 2020. Abstracts can be submitted along with
your registration (please see the conference website:
https://konference.osu.cz/form-und-funktion/).

The conference papers and presentations will be printed in the three
traditional conference volumes. In order to be included in the publication,
please send your contributions in electronic form to the e-mail address
formundfunktion at osu.cz by 30.09.2020 at the latest.