31.556, Summer Schools: Summer School on Artificial Language Learning / United Kingdom

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Feb 7 17:45:40 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-556. Fri Feb 07 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.556, Summer Schools:  Summer School on Artificial Language Learning / United Kingdom

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2020 12:45:31
From: Mora Maldonado [mormaldo at gmail.com]

Summer School on Artificial Language Learning

Host Institution: University of Edinburgh
Website: http://mmaldonadosyncog.ppls.ed.ac.uk/ESSALL/

Dates: 17-Aug-2020 - 19-Aug-2020
Location: Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Focus: Summer school on Artificial Language Learning (ALL) directed at PhD students in Linguistics (any area).
Minimum Education Level: PhD

The summer school is directed at Phd students in Linguistics (any area) who
are looking to add artificial language experiments to their repertoire of
methods. Enrolment is completely free and includes lunch, coffee breaks, and a
drinks reception. Free accommodation is also available for a limited number of
eligible applicants.

The intensive 3-day program includes keynote presentations and tutorials by
James White (UCL), Kathryn Schuler (UPenn), Masha Fedzechkina (University of
Arizona) and David Adger (Queen Mary University).

Tuition: 0 Other

Tuition Explanation: Free enrolment.

Deadline for applications: March 1 2020

We will notify applicants of our decisions by the end of March.

Financial Aid: Applications accepted until 01-Mar-2020
Accommodation is available for a limited number of eligible applicants. Some funding may be available in the form of travel bursaries.

Financial Aid Instructions:
For those needing accommodation or additional financial assistance in order to attend, please specify this in your cover letter.

We will notify applicants of our decisions by the end of March.

Registration: 07-Feb-2020 to 01-Mar-2020

Contact Person: Mora Maldonado
                Email: mormaldo at gmail.com

Apply by Email: syncog.edinburgh at gmail.com

Registration Instructions:
CV and cover letter describing why you would like to attend.