31.750, Calls: Psycholinguistics/Germany

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Feb 21 15:11:40 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-750. Fri Feb 21 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.750, Calls: Psycholinguistics/Germany

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 10:10:55
From: Anna Czypionka [anna.czypionka at uni-konstanz.de]
Subject: Linguistic illusions in sentence processing

Full Title: Linguistic illusions in sentence processing
Short Title: LISP 2020

Date: 08-Sep-2020 - 09-Sep-2020
Location: Konstanz, Germany
Contact Person: Anna Czypionka
Meeting Email: anna.czypionka at uni-konstanz.de
Web Site: https://www.ling.uni-konstanz.de/illusions-2020/

Linguistic Field(s): Psycholinguistics

Call Deadline: 31-Mar-2020

Meeting Description:

We are pleased to announce the workshop entitled ''Linguistic illusions in
sentence processing'' which will be organised by the Research Unit “Questions
at the Interfaces”, the project “The Multilingual Mind”, and the Centre for
Multilingualism at the Department of Linguistics in Konstanz from 8-9
September 2020.

Invited speakers:
Markus Bader, University of Frankfurt
Ian Cunnings, University of Reading
Julie Franck, University of Geneva
Colin Phillips, University of Maryland

Call for Papers:

We invite abstracts on psycholinguistic and neurolinguistic investigations of
different linguistic illusions, for example attraction errors (number
attraction, case attraction etc.) or intrusive licensing of negative or
positive polarity items. We particularly welcome abstracts dealing with:
   -  the interplay between different components of grammar in sentence
processing
   -  the connection between illusions in sentence processing and the
theoretical background of the related phenomena
   -  the role of memory retrieval in sentence processing, and its interplay
with linguistic processing
   -  effects of illusion in bi-/multilinguals
   -  comparisons of experimental outcomes and insights from modelling
approaches

Abstract must be one A4 page (12 pt, 2.5 margin, excluding references and
linguistic examples). Please indicate whether you would like to submit an
abstract for a 30 min presentation, a poster, or both.

Abstract submission via https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=lisp2020