31.754, Jobs: General Linguistics: Post Doc, University of Rochester

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat Feb 22 17:17:22 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-754. Sat Feb 22 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.754, Jobs: General Linguistics: Post Doc, University of Rochester

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 12:17:05
From: Amanda Sherry [cls at rochester.edu]
Subject: General Linguistics: Post Doc, University of Rochester, New York

University or Organization: University of Rochester
Department: Center for Language Sciences
Job Location: , USA
Web Address: http://www.sas.rochester.edu/cls/
Job Title: Center for Language Sciences Postdoctoral Fellow
Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

The Center for Language Sciences at the University of Rochester is seeking an
outstanding postdoctoral fellow. The Center for Language Sciences is an
umbrella organization that brings together faculty, postdocs, and graduate
students who conduct research on any aspect of human language, as a vehicle
for active interdisciplinary work. CLS is a continually evolving organization
with a history of serving as a platform for training students and postdocs in
interdisciplinary research and enhancing collaborations among members. CLS
fosters research and activities that reach across a very broad group of
disciplines, including Linguistics, Computer Science, Data Science,
Philosophy, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Music Theory, and Neuroscience,
covering a wide research focus and range of interests. Our strength is in our
diversity, our breadth, and the quality of our connections, collaborations and
research.

We encourage applicants from any of the disciplines above or related
disciplines who have expertise in any area of natural language. We are
particularly interested in postdoctoral fellows who want to contribute to an
interdisciplinary community. CLS faculty have combined expertise in formal,
computational, experimental, and social approaches to understanding the
structure, processing, and use of natural language.

Applicants should send a letter describing their graduate training and
research interests and plans, a curriculum vitae, and arrange to have three
letters of recommendation sent to: Professor Ash Asudeh, c/o Amanda Sherry
(cls at rochester.edu). Review of applications will begin on March 16, and
continue until the position is filled. The preferred start date is July 1,
2020. Appointees must have successfully defended their dissertation prior to
their start date. We strongly encourage applications from women and members of
under-represented minorities. This position is subject to final approval of
funding.

Review of applications begins March 16.
Director of CLS: Ash Asudeh (ash.asudeh at rochester.edu)
Inquiries: Please contact either Amanda Sherry (at the email address for
applications below) or Ash Asudeh

Email Address for Applications: cls at rochester.edu
Contact Information:
	Amanda Sherry