31.13, Calls: Kurdish, Central; Kurdish, Northern; Kurdish, Southern; Gen Ling, Socioling/United Kingdom

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jan 2 11:31:53 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-13. Thu Jan 02 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.13, Calls: Kurdish, Central; Kurdish, Northern; Kurdish, Southern; Gen Ling, Socioling/United Kingdom

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2020 06:31:12
From: Hewa S. Khalid [hewa.salam at koyauniversity.org]
Subject: 4th International Conference on Kurdish Studies

Full Title: 4th International Conference on Kurdish Studies

Date: 18-Jun-2020 - 20-Jun-2020
Location: Exeter, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Hewa S. Khalid
Meeting Email: hewa.salam at koyauniversity.org

Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Sociolinguistics

Subject Language(s): Kurdish, Central (ckb)
                     Kurdish, Northern (kmr)
                     Kurdish, Southern (sdh)

Call Deadline: 25-Jan-2020

Meeting Description:

4th International Conference on Kurdish Studies
Hosted by the Centre for Kurdish Studies
An Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies conference
Place: IAIS Building/LT1

Thematic Areas of the Conference:

Thematic areas covered by the conference include (but are not restricted to)
Kurdish literature, women’s participation in politics, cultural production,
history, political international relations, governance, civil society, civil
rights, diplomacy, conflict and democratization, forced displacement, internal
and external interference (Syria, Iraq, Turkey, Iran), internal
colonialization and rewriting Kurdish history. Original research based on
empirical data and/or new theoretical approaches are prioritised.

Call for Papers:

The Centre for Kurdish Studies at the Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies,
University of Exeter, UK, invites submission of papers for the 4th
International Kurdish Studies Conference to be held on 18-20 June 2020.
Linguists are invited to apply their proposals to the Kurdish linguistics
panel.

Submission Guideline:

All individual paper proposals should be for 15-minute presentations. Our
panel at the conference will be a maximum of one and a half hours. We are
going to choose the best four proposals to be presented in the conference in a
blind review process. Only English proposals will be reviewed.

Instructions on Submission:

Send 150-word abstracts including the title and a short CV by 25 January 2020
to:
hewa.salam at koyauniversity.org

Panel proposals should include a 150-word abstract for each paper. Those
selected to present papers will be notified by 15 February 2020.
While we require participants to register there are no fees.
We will not be covering the cost of accommodation for delegates.
For any enquiries regarding the linguistics panel please do not hesitate to
contact the mentioned email.

Panel organizer,
Dr. Hewa S. Khalid