31.130, Calls: Applied Ling / Spain

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jan 9 22:52:15 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-130. Thu Jan 09 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.130, Calls: Applied Ling / Spain

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2020 17:52:07
From: Roger Gilabert [rogergilabert at ub.edu]
Subject: European Second Language Association Conference

Full Title: European Second Language Association Conference
Short Title: EuroSLA 30

Date: 01-Jul-2020 - 04-Jul-2020
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Contact Person: Roger Guerrero
Meeting Email: rogergilabert at ub.edu
Web Site: https://www.ub.edu/eurosla2020/

Call Deadline: 15-Jan-2020

Meeting Description:

We are inviting proposals for presentations at EuroSLA 30 to be held in
Barcelona, Spain, July 1-4, 2020. We welcome submissions in all areas of
second, foreign, and additional languages research.

The academic program will include presentations by the participants as well as
four invited keynote speakers:

Nick Ellis (University of Michigan, USA)
Judit Kormos (Lancaster University, UK)
Rosa Manchón (Universidad de Murcia, Spain)
Kazuya Saito (University College London, UK)

The conference will also offer a doctoral student workshop and a Language
Learning Roundtable.

As in previous years, several student stipends will be available for doctoral
students. If you wish to apply, please send the following information to
eurosla2020 at ub.edu before January 15, 2020.

- Name, institution, and address of institution;
- Official confirmation of PhD student status;
- Statement from supervisor or Head of department that the applicant’s
institution
cannot (fully) cover the conference-related expenses.

Please note that applicants who have already received such a stipend in the
past
are not eligible to re-apply.

We look forward to welcoming you in Barcelona, Spain, in July 2020!

Call for Papers:

We are inviting proposals for presentations at EuroSLA 30 to be held in
Barcelona, Spain, July 1-4, 2020. We welcome submissions in all areas of
second, foreign, and additional languages research.

For the first time this year, all papers accepted for doctoral workshops will
be eligible for the Linguistic Approaches to Bilingualism award for best
doctoral project (more detailed information to come soon). The submission of
presentation proposals opened on November 10, 2019, and closes on January 15,
2020. Submit the proposals online here:
https://www.softconf.com/j/eurosla2020/

The proposals for all presentations will be evaluated anonymously by at least
three members of the EuroSLA 30 Scientific Committee. Evaluation criteria
include: quality of the content, clarity of the abstract, the contribution to
the field, and thematic relevance. For colloquia, two additional assessment
criteria are the range and the coherence of the papers.

Doctoral students submitting abstracts for doctoral workshops must include a
limited number of specific questions for the discussants. Notification of
acceptance is to be communicated by the end of March 2020.

Length of abstracts:

Individual paper, paper at the doctoral student workshop, or poster: max. 600
words including references Colloquium, general abstract: a maximum of 400
words including references.

For general questions, eurosla2020 at ub.edu
For questions concerning the colloquia, eurosla2020.colloquia at ub.edu
For questions concerning the posters, eurosla2020.posters at ub.edu