31.148, Calls: Applied Ling / Taiwan

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jan 10 20:24:57 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-148. Fri Jan 10 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.148, Calls: Applied Ling / Taiwan

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 15:24:51
From: Hsien-Chin Liou [liuhsienc at gmail.com]
Subject: 7th foreign languages and literature teaching conference

Full Title: 7th foreign languages and literature teaching conference

Date: 17-Oct-2020 - 17-Oct-2020
Location: Taichung, Taiwan ROC, Taiwan
Contact Person: Rae Liang
Meeting Email: ycliang at fcu.edu.tw
Web Site: http://www.fll.fcu.edu.tw/wSite/ct?xItem=280284&ctNode=27330&mp=560101

Call Deadline: 20-Mar-2020

Meeting Description:

7th Biannual international conference to take place at Feng Chia University
(Taichung, Taiwan) in 2020 calls for papers on applied linguistics covering
foreign languages teaching, literature teaching, and
translation/interpretation.

Call for Papers:

Dear colleagues, you are invited to submit your research to our 2020
conference. Please refer to the information below. We have the honor to invite
Professor Averil Coxhead from School of Linguistics and Applied Language
Studies, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, as one of our keynote
speakers.

Conference Organizer: Department of Foreign Languages and Literature, Feng
Chia University
Conference Date: October 17, 2020 (Saturday)
Venue: Feng Chia University
Conference Topics:
- English as a Second Official Language or Lingua Franca
- Interdisciplinary Approaches to TEFL/Foreign Language Teaching
- New Technologies and Language Teaching (e.g. Artificial Intelligence)
- Literature, Culture, and Language Teaching
- Literature and Culture Studies
- Translation and Interpretation Studies
- New Teaching and Assessment Approaches (e.g. CDIO, Problem-Based Learning,
Translanguaging)
- Other Relevant Topics

Presentation Types:
- Paper presentation
- Workshop
- Graduate students’ sessions

Abstracts:
Maximum length for all presentation types: one page (about 300 words)

Important Dates:
- Deadline for Abstract Submission: March 20, 2020 (Friday)
- Notification of Abstract Acceptance: May 27, 2020 (Wednesday)
- Deadline for Full-paper Submission: September 15, 2020 (Tuesday)

Submission Details:
Abstracts: Submission to: ycliang at fcu.edu.tw and by email only.

Contact Information:
Ms. Rae Liang, Department of Foreign Languages and Literature, Feng Chia
University
Tel.: 886-4-24517250 ext. 5602
Fax: 886-4-24513797
Email: ycliang at fcu.edu.tw