31.185, Calls: Gen Ling / Czech Republic

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 14 20:09:30 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-185. Tue Jan 14 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.185, Calls: Gen Ling / Czech Republic

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 15:09:24
From: Martina Rybová [martina.rybova at ur.de]
Subject: Linguistics Prague

Full Title: Linguistics Prague
Short Title: LP

Date: 23-Apr-2020 - 25-Apr-2020
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Contact Person: Martina Rybová
Meeting Email: martina.rybova at ur.de
Web Site: http://linguisticsprague.ff.cuni.cz

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 26-Jan-2020

Meeting Description:

The aim of the conference is to bring together students and early career
researchers whose research addresses any topics relevant to linguistics and is
grounded in empirical methods. We encourage presentations of original data
oriented research concerned with different aspects of language structure and
use, as well as discussions of relevant methodological issues.

2nd Call for Papers:

We invite graduate students and postdoctoral researchers to the 4th
Linguistics Prague conference.

Abstract submission deadline has been extended to 26 January!

The aim of the conference is to bring together students and early career
researchers whose research addresses any topics relevant to linguistics and is
grounded in empirical methods. We encourage presentations of original data
oriented research concerned with different aspects of language structure and
use, as well as discussions of relevant methodological issues.

The conference takes place at the Faculty of Arts of Charles University in the
very center of Prague, Thursday 23 April to Saturday 25 April 2020.

The event will consist of 2 plenary talks, 2 tutorial workshops, and a general
session for oral presentations and posters.

We welcome oral and poster form presentations of empirical research in various
disciplines of linguistics, including (but not limited to) syntax, morphology,
semantics, language change, psycholinguistics, sociolinguistics and
pragmatics.

Plenary Speakers:

- Susanne Flach (Université de Neuchâtel, Switzerland)
- Rachel Hatchard (Birmingham City University, United Kingdom)

Presentation time for papers will be 20 minutes followed by 10 minutes of
discussion.

Abstract Submission Guidelines:

Abstracts must be anonymous and their length should not exceed 400 words
(without references). Please use 12 point Times New Roman (Unicode) font,
single line spacing and set margins to 2.5 cm all around. Abstracts should be
submitted by 12 January 2020 in pdf format using the EasyAbs system at:
http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/lp20

For more information see our web page: http://linguisticsprague.ff.cuni.cz

Important Dates:

17 October 2019: Abstract submission start
26 January 2020: Abstract submission deadline
19 February 2020: Notification of acceptance
23 April - 25 April 2020: Conference