31.256, FYI: FYI: Editorial change John Benjamins IHLL series

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jan 20 22:10:51 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-256. Mon Jan 20 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.256, FYI:  FYI: Editorial change John Benjamins IHLL series

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 17:10:46
From: Karin Plijnaar [karin.plijnaar at benjamins.nl]

John Benjamins is pleased to announce that as of volume 28, Megan Solon
(Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis) will succeed Jennifer
Amaro Cabrelli (University of Illinois at Chicago) as editor of the book
series Issues in Hispanic and Lusophone Linguistics. Jennifer Amaro Cabrelli
will remain member of the board.

Romance linguists are by definition not only aligned with their theoretical
paradigm (e.g. usage-based sociolinguists to generative grammarians), but
rather there is a sense of a larger community to which all Romance linguists
belong by virtue of the languages studied. Spanish and Portuguese are two of
the top ten most widely spoken languages in the world. They are by far the
largest two in the Romance family of languages in terms of number of speakers.
It is fair to say that there is a strong sub-community of Romance linguists
also aligned by virtue of their research foci on Spanish and Portuguese.
Beyond providing high quality work applicable to the linguistic sciences in
general, the aforementioned community of Hispanic and Lusophone linguists is
precisely the audience to which we believe this book series will appeal to the
most.

The aim of this book series is to provide a single home for the highest
quality monographs and edited volumes pertaining to Hispanic and Lusophone
linguistics. In an effort to be as inclusive as possible, the series hopes to
include volumes that represent the many sub-fields and paradigms of
linguistics that do high quality research targeting Iberian Romance languages.
We seek projects pertaining to all dialects in the world where these languages
(co-)exist (e.g. Europe, South and North America, Africa) as well as projects
on the acquisition of these languages anywhere Spanish and Portuguese are
acquired in childhood or adulthood. Because our goal is to consider
manuscripts from all relevant linguistic approaches, the common thread across
the books within this series will be the languages themselves. Although we
anticipate that the majority of the books will focus on Spanish and
Portuguese, for obvious reasons, we would like to encourage book proposals
that engage other Iberian-Romance languages in Europe (e.g., Galician,
Catalan, Aragonese, etc.) and/or examine Spanish and Portuguese in their
co-existence with other non-Romance languages in Europe (e.g. Basque),
indigenous languages in Latin America, English in North America, and other
national and regional languages across the Hispanic and Lusophone world.
Projects that engage several of these languages together are especially
welcome. We will consider proposals that focus on formal syntax, semantics,
morphology, phonetics/phonology, pragmatics from any established research
paradigm, as well as psycholinguistics, language acquisition, historical
linguistics, applied linguistics and sociolinguistics. Please note that
proposals for conference proceedings will not be considered, however proposals
for strong thematic collections are welcome. The editorial board is comprised
of experts in all of the aforementioned fields.

ISSN: 2213-3887

Linguistic Field(s): Linguistic Theories