31.278, Jobs: Phonetics; Phonology: Consultant, DefinedCrowd

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Jan 22 00:03:31 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-278. Tue Jan 21 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.278, Jobs: Phonetics; Phonology: Consultant, DefinedCrowd

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 19:02:58
From: Guilherme Gautier [guilherme.gautier at definedcrowd.com]
Subject: Phonetics; Phonology: Consultant, DefinedCrowd, Lisbon, Portugal

University or Organization: DefinedCrowd
Job Location: Lisbon, Portugal (Telecommute)
Web Address: https://www.definedcrowd.com/
Job Title: Freelance Linguist (Phonetician)
Job Rank: Consultant

Specialty Areas: Phonetics; Phonology

What do we do?

We gather and process machine learning training data for AI applications
internationally and have been providing services for cutting-edge AI
businesses as well as Fortune 500 companies. We count Amazon, MasterCard, Sony
and Portugal Ventures amongst our investors and are proud to be one of the
fastest growing companies in the AI field.

How do we do it?

DefinedCrowd’s culture is about our four core values: Empowerment, Mastery,
Contribution and Collaboration.

We have developed Neevo, our crowdsourcing platform, which means that we have
thousands of people from all over the world registered in our platform and
performing several tasks related to text, speech and image data. However, as
some tasks require having native speakers of specific languages or even people
specialized in some linguistics segments (speech or NLP), we decided to post
this amazing opportunity for you to collaborate with us.

How can you help?

If you are a talented individual and meet the job requirements apply to be
part of our amazing journey in AI! We are looking for natives of over 20
languages, so there is definitely a place for you in our team.
Wondering what kind of languages we are looking for? Here are some examples:
Dutch; Italian; English/UK; English/Australia; German/Germany;
Portuguese/Brazilian; French/Canada; French/France; Spanish/Spain and
Spanish/Mexico!

Requirements:

- BA, MA or PhD in Linguistics, NLP, Speech or related areas

- Knowledge of Phonetics and PRAAT

- Availability to work on a freelancing basis

- Quick response time

- Flexibility and reliability regarding deadlines

- Passion and commitment

- Confidentiality

- Fluent English communication skills

Email Address for Applications: guilherme.gautier at definedcrowd.com