31.350, Confs: English; Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition/Japan

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jan 23 21:01:57 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-350. Thu Jan 23 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.350, Confs: English; Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition/Japan

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 16:01:31
From: Mark deBoer [markdb at aiu.ac.jp]
Subject: The praxis of teaching, learning, and assessment with CEFR and CLIL

The praxis of teaching, learning, and assessment with CEFR and CLIL

Date: 23-Oct-2020 - 25-Oct-2020
Location: Akita City, Akita, Japan
Contact: Mark deBoer
Contact Email: cefr.clil at gmail.com
Meeting URL: https://sites.google.com/site/flpsig/home/even

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Meeting Description:

With increased interest in the integration of CEFR and CLIL, this
international symposium & workshop serves to further the educational
discussion within CEFR in all levels of education, with the additional
understanding of CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Instruction). Our goal
is to create a forum for discussions promoting the understanding of concepts
related to, applications of, and future directions of CEFR and CLIL in Japan
and beyond.

We are calling for papers that (a) bridge the research and practice divide and
(b) will provide a rich context for discussion throughout the conference.

Thematic discussions: Discussions will be led by a moderator and centered
around three (3) presentations of similar themes. Each presentation should
discuss the interaction of theory and practice that will then be able to lead
to the discussion of further applications of research and practice. The
intended goal is to enrich the audience with theoretically informed ideas,
activities, and procedures they can integrate in their classrooms. (three
presentations of 15 minutes with 15 minutes for discussion, total 1 hour) (If
your abstract is accepted, we will propose a thematic slot for your
presentation, which we will ask you to confirm)

Posters: Poster presentations are to include a clear theoretical background
with an
educational application. We are looking for posters that show research
informed teaching and/or teaching that informs research. (There will be a
dedicated 1 hour poster session for presenter-audience interaction)

Workshops: Workshops should invoke discussion with the audience around the
applications of CEFR and/or CLIL in research and practice. Therefore, while
there should be a theoretical background, there should be a clear practical
orientation to your workshop; one that fosters ideas with the audience and
elevates their conceptual understandings. (1 hour)

Round Table/Large room discussions: These will be discussions based on a
particular theme, moderated by presenters/Ph.D. candidates and joined by
conference attendees. These discussions are based on the conference theme and
are not included in the Call for Papers.