31.373, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Pragmatics/Germany

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jan 27 20:20:06 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-373. Mon Jan 27 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.373, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Pragmatics/Germany

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 15:19:17
From: Sophie Decher [bael at uni-bonn.de]
Subject: 9th Annual Bonn Applied English Linguistics Conference

Full Title: 9th Annual Bonn Applied English Linguistics Conference
Short Title: BAELc9

Date: 08-May-2020 - 09-May-2020
Location: Bonn, Germany
Contact Person: Prof. Dr. Klaus P. Schneider
Meeting Email: bael at uni-bonn.de
Web Site: https://bit.ly/30QfiMH

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Pragmatics

Call Deadline: 28-Feb-2020

Meeting Description:

The Ninth Annual Bonn Applied English Linguistics Conference (BAELc9) will
take place on May 8th-9th, 2020 at the University of Bonn, Germany.

We are delighted to announce that Professor Jonathan Culpeper (Lancaster
University) will be our keynote speaker this year.

The focus of this year’s conference will be on digital pragmatics & CMC.
Papers from all areas of applied linguistics are welcome, however, with a
preference for papers that employ an empirical approach. The conference is
open to all who are interested, but aimed in particular at postgraduates, PhD
students, and post-docs.

Call for Papers:

The call for papers is currently open. Please email your proposals to
bael at uni-bonn.de by February 28th, 2020. Abstracts should run approximately
300 words long and show a clear research objective. Please also include a
short bio-note (100-word maximum) with your proposal submission.

Speakers will be given 20 minutes for their presentation, followed by a
10-minute Q&A session. The conference is conducted entirely in English.

Acceptance notifications will be sent out by March 23rd, 2020 via email.

Additional information on the upcoming BAELc9 conference and previous BAELc
conferences can be found on our website here: https://bit.ly/2NvI28j

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to email the BAEL Team at
bael at uni-bonn.de.