31.460, Jobs: Historical Linguistics; Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics; Typology: Post Doc, University of Zurich

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jan 31 16:26:45 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-460. Fri Jan 31 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.460, Jobs: Historical Linguistics; Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics; Typology: Post Doc, University of Zurich

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 11:26:12
From: Dagmar Jung [dagmar.jung at uzh.ch]
Subject: Historical Linguistics; Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics; Typology: Post Doc, University of Zurich, Switzerland

University or Organization: University of Zurich
Department: Department of Comparative Language Science
Job Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Web Address: https://www.comparativelinguistics.uzh.ch
Job Title: Postdoctoral/predoctoral researchers in typological/comparative/historical ling
Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Historical Linguistics; Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics; Typology

The Distributional Linguistics Lab at the Department of Comparative Language
Science of the University of Zurich (https://www.ivs.uzh.ch/en/DLL.html)
invites applications for 3-4 four-year postdoctoral or predoctoral positions
in various projects on evolutionary patterns in syntax (clause linkage,
hierarchy, case assignment) and phonology (rule/constraint domains), focusing
on both universal and areal aspects and collaborating with neuroscientists,
psychologists, biologists, and geographers.

Applicants combine training in typological/comparative/historical linguistics
or in neuro/psycholinguistics with a vivid interest to learn techniques from
the other field. Familiarity with statistical methods are an important asset,
but we also offer training and support on the job.

Postdocs (80% FTE) are expected to take the lead on publications and move
projects ahead in close collaboration with the lab director. Postdoc position
includes teaching obligations of up to 1 course per semester (BA and MA
levels).

Predocs are expected to finish a (cumulative) dissertation within 4
fully-funded years (60% FTE) and enroll in the Graduate School of the UZH
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
(https://www.phil.uzh.ch/en/studium/doktorat.html).

The lab places great emphasis on teamwork and on multidisciplinary
perspectives. Excellent communication and collaboration skills are essential.
We also strongly aim at gender diversity, and we particularly encourage women
to apply.

Applications should include a letter of motivation, a CV (with course
listings), one or two writing samples, and the names of three references.
Applications should be sent to the application email listed below. Review of
applications starts February 15, and applications are accepted until the
position is filled.
Questions can be addressed to balthasar.bickel at uzh.ch.

Application Deadline: 15-Feb-2020 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: jobs at ivs.uzh.ch
Contact Information:
	Prof. Dr. Balthasar Bickel
	Email: balthasar.bickel at uzh.ch