31.2209, FYI: Digital Conferencing in Times of Crisis - Survey

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Jul 8 05:21:11 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-2209. Wed Jul 08 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.2209, FYI: Digital Conferencing in Times of Crisis - Survey

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2020 01:20:28
From: Julia Fine [jcfine at ucsb.edu]

Hi everyone,

We’re writing to invite you to participate in our research project “Digital
conferencing in times of crisis”. This project has two co-investigators: Brook
Bolander from Monash University and Julia Fine from UC Santa Barbara. This is
a topic we’ve been thinking about for some time now, and one which is growing
more important by the day. The main question we’re exploring in this project
is how digital conferencing can be made as equitable and sustainable as
possible for a large and diverse community of linguists. Participating in the
project means answering a series of questions via the polling software
PollEverywhere. The link can be found here:

https://PollEv.com/surveys/WM4n4cMlQ1dG1EItqXYzH/respond

The poll consists of 21 questions and is anonymous. Questions are not
obligatory, so you can skip questions you do not wish to answer. The poll will
stay active for two weeks (from Monday 6 July to Monday 20 July). By answering
questions in the poll, you are implying your consent for us to use your
the findings and speak and write about them at conferences and in journal
articles. We’d love to share our findings with you, so if you’d like to hear
more, please email brook.bolander at monash.edu and/or jcfine at ucsb.edu.
Similarly, if you have questions about our research, do feel free to get in
touch!

This project has been approved by the Human Ethics Committee at Monash
University (ID = 25082. Here are the contact details of the Human Ethics
Office should you wish to raise concerns about the study. Email:
muhrec at monash.edu. Tel: +61 3 990 52052.

Best wishes and thanks for reading!

Brook and Julia

Linguistic Field(s): Discipline of Linguistics