31.2296, Calls: Gen Ling/Cyprus

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jul 17 16:32:30 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-2296. Fri Jul 17 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.2296, Calls: Gen Ling/Cyprus

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 12:32:13
From: Anastasis Pliatsikas [anastasispliatsikas at yahoo.com]
Subject: International Cyprus Undergraduate Linguistics Conference 2020

Full Title: International Cyprus Undergraduate Linguistics Conference 2020
Short Title: iCULC 3

Date: 28-Nov-2020 - 29-Nov-2020
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Contact Person: Anastasios Pliatsikas
Meeting Email: culc at ucy.ac.cy

Call Deadline: 15-Sep-2020

Meeting Description:

The Cyprus Undergraduate Linguistics Conference wishes to promote
undergraduate research and to facilitate communication and discussion between
researchers at all levels of undergraduate research throughout the linguistic
community. Even during the Covid-19 conditions, our goal is to continue the
iCULC tradition, by adding a third chapter. The 3rd International Cyprus
Undergraduate Linguistics Conference (I-CULC3) will take place at the
University of Cyprus on Saturday, November 28 to Sunday November 29, 2020
(Saturday may not include presentations, but we will have a welcome session,
registration, and an evening social event.)

Keynote Speakers:
- Andrew Nevins (University College London)
- Svetlana Karpava (University of Cyprus)

Scientific committee:
 - Kleanthes Grohmann
 - Sviatlana Karpava
 - Spyros Armostis
 - Natalia Pavlou
 - Evelina Leivada
 - Brian D. Joseph

Organizing Committee:
 - Anastasios Pliatsikas

The conference is free and open to all, and it will take place at the
Kallipoleos Campus of the University of Cyprus, if permitted by local COVID
19-regulations, and online if not.

We gratefully acknowledge support by the Department of English Studies.

Call for Papers:

The theme of this year is “Rules (?)”. Specifically, students may present
their research on rules of grammar, (im)possible rules, unknown rules or even
exceptions to those.
The updated deadline for abstract submission is September 15, 2020. Abstracts
should not exceed two pages, including data, references and diagrams. They
should be typed in 12-point font, with one-inch margins. Abstracts must be
anonymous, and submissions are limited to 2 per author, at most one of which
is single-authored. Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Please
submit your abstract via e-mail to culc at ucy.ac.cy.