31.2318, Software: New release: SignStream® v. 3.3.0

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jul 21 16:49:47 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-2318. Tue Jul 21 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.2318, Software: New release: SignStream® v. 3.3.0

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 12:39:29
From: Carol Neidle [carol at bu.edu]
Subject: New release: SignStream® v. 3.3.0

We are pleased to announce that a new version of SignStream® (MacOS software
for linguistic annotation of visual language data) is now available, with many
new features, performance enhancements and bug fixes. If you plan to (continue
to) use SignStream® in the future, it is very important that you download this
new version. See http://www.bu.edu/asllrp/SignStream/3/

Please note, however, that SignStream® is not yet compatible with Mac OS 10.15
(Catalina). We are working on that and will announce when a compatible version
is available.

Documentation of the new features can be found here:
http://www.bu.edu/asllrp/SignStream/3/SS_update-3_3.pdf

Instructions for upgrading your current version of SignStream® to this latest
version are available here: http://www.bu.edu/asllrp/SignStream/3/upgrade.html

New users can download the current version from our download page
(http://www.bu.edu/asllrp/SignStream/3/download-newSS.html).

In any case, please pay very careful attention to the installation
instructions, and let us know If you have any problems.

We hope you find this new version to be useful.

You may also be interested in the expanding collection of data that can be
browsed, searched, and downloaded from our web-based Data Access Interface
(DAI 2 --- http://dai.cs.rutgers.edu/dai/s/dai ). Our ASLLRP Sign Bank can
also be accessed online (http://dai.cs.rutgers.edu/dai/s/signbank ).

It should be straightforward to use this site, but documentation about DAI 2
is available from http://www.bu.edu/asllrp/rpt18/asllrp18.pdf .

We are grateful to the National Science Foundation for support in the
development and maintenance of the above resources.

Cheers,

Carol Neidle

on behalf of the SignStream®, DAI 2, and ASLLRP Sign Bank development team,
http://www.bu.edu/asllrp/people.html

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics
                     General Linguistics
                     Language Documentation

Subject Language(s): American Sign Language (ase)