31.2388, Jobs: Semantics: Assistant Professor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jul 27 16:21:11 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-2388. Mon Jul 27 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.2388, Jobs: Semantics: Assistant Professor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 12:20:46
From: Matthew Sikorski [mattski at mit.edu]
Subject: Semantics: Assistant Professor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Massachusetts, USA

University or Organization: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Department: Linguistics & Philosophy Department
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Web Address: https://linguistics.mit.edu/
Job Title: Assistant Professor
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Semantics

The Department of Linguistics & Philosophy at MIT invites applications for a
tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level, starting July 1, 2021,
or as soon thereafter as possible. The appointment will be made in the area of
Semantics, understood in a fairly broad sense. We equally encourage applicants
whose work is focused primarily on semantic theory, and applicants whose work
in semantics connects strongly with other areas of linguistics and/or adjacent
fields. We also encourage a range of focuses and methodological approaches,
including (but by no means limited to), fieldwork on underdocumented
languages, experimental studies, computational modeling and focused
theoretical work. Applicants must possess a Ph.D. in linguistics or a related
field by the start of employment. Faculty responsibilities include teaching at
the graduate and undergraduate level and conducting research in the area of
semantics.

Applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, copies of
research papers, evidence of teaching ability, and contact information for at
least three referees. In addition, the application should include a statement
outlining the applicant's research interests, previous achievements, and
plans, as well as the broader questions that this research promises to engage
with.

We prefer that applications and supporting materials be submitted online, at
the application link provided below.

Review of applications will begin on December 16, 2020. To ensure full
consideration, applications should be complete by this date, but we will
consider all applications submitted until the position is filled.

MIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culturally
diverse intellectual community, and strongly encourages applications from
women and minority candidates.

Application Deadline: 15-Dec-2020 (Open until filled)

Web Address for Applications: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/16583
Contact Information:
	Professor Danny Fox
	Email: fox at mit.edu