31.2429, Calls: Psycholing, Translation/Poland

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jul 30 17:24:03 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-2429. Thu Jul 30 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.2429, Calls: Psycholing, Translation/Poland

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 13:23:44
From: Katarzyna Jankowiak [kjankowiak at wa.amu.edu.pl]
Subject: The Psychology of Translation and Interpreting

Full Title: The psychology of translation and interpreting

Date: 23-Apr-2021 - 25-Apr-2021
Location: Poznan, Poland
Contact Person: Katarzyna Jankowiak
Meeting Email: ylmp at wa.amu.edu.pl

Linguistic Field(s): Psycholinguistics; Translation

Call Deadline: 13-Nov-2020

Meeting Description:

The psychology of translation and interpreting (Convenors: Katharina Oster,
Johannes Gutenberg University of Main; Pawel Korpal and Olha Lehka-Paul, Adam
Mickiewicz University, Poznan)

Call for Papers:

Recent decades have shown a growing interest in cognitive and psycho-affective
aspects of translation and interpreting, also among young translation
scholars. Among the topics discussed in Translation and Interpreting Studies
were: language processing, working memory in translation and interpreting,
control mechanisms, uncertainty management, cognitive effort, mental
representations, personality, stress experienced by interpreters, emotional
intelligence, and ergonomics. To empirically test various assumptions related
to the complexity of the translator’s and interpreter’s work, several research
methods were applied, which include, but are not limited to, Think Aloud
Protocols (TAPs), reaction times, eye-tracking, key-logging, EEG, fMRI, and
skin conductance.

In this panel we are going to explore the interplay between psychology and
translation as a form of language mediation. The aim of our session is to
contribute to the discussion of various perspectives on the psychology of
translation and interpreting, as well as to share and discuss relevant
research in Translation and Interpreting Studies. The session will be convened
by Dr. Katharina Oster (TRA&CO-Center), Dr. Paweł Korpal (Faculty of English,
Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań), and Dr. Olha Lehka-Paul (Faculty of
English, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań). We welcome submissions which
report on empirical research; speakers should be able to present at least
preliminary findings of their projects.

We are happy to invite you to submit abstracts on the following topics:
 - cognitive aspects of translation and interpreting;
 - emotion and stress;
 - translation and interpreting competence;
 - human factors in translation and interpreting;
 - research methods in Translation and Interpreting Studies;
 - situated cognition;
 - cognitive neuroscience;
 - psychological aspects of audiovisual translation and media accessibility;
 - ethical issues in Translation and Interpreting Studies.

Please see the main conference website for details on abstract format and
submission: http://ylmp2021.amu.edu.pl/?page_id=53.