31.1959, Confs: Romance; Gen Ling/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jun 15 14:56:42 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-1959. Mon Jun 15 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.1959, Confs: Romance; Gen Ling/Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 10:56:07
From: Barbara Bullock [bbullock at austin.utexas.edu]
Subject: Linguistics Symposium on Romance Languages

Linguistics Symposium on Romance Languages
Short Title: LSRL50

Date: 01-Jul-2020 - 08-Jul-2020
Location: University of Texas, USA
Contact: Barbara Bullock
Contact Email: lsrl50 at utexas.edu
Meeting URL: http://sites.utexas.edu/lsrl50/

Language Family(ies): Romance
Meeting Description:

LSRL is the premier conference on Romance Linguistics, distinguished by its
selectivity and its focus on high quality theoretical and empirical studies of
all varieties of Romance languages and their Latin origins. In celebrating its
50th anniversary, our conference branches out from its strong, theoretical
roots and lays the groundwork for novel research programs and data sharing
practices that continue to move the field forward.

Program Information:

For information on registration and for our complete conference program with
full abstracts go to: http://sites.utexas.edu/lsrl50 and follow us on Twitter:
@LSRL50.

Keynote Addresses:
David Birdsong, “Conceptualizing ultimate attainment in bilingualism and
second language acquisition“
Thamar Solorio, “Enabling technology for code-switching data”
Zsuzsanna Fagyal, “For an integrative approach to variation and change in
French nasal vowel systems”
Pattie Epps, “Multiple multilingualisms: Indigenous and Romance languages in
Amazonia”

Workshops and tutorials:
Jacqueline Serigos, “Wrangling linguistic data with Python''
Luis Avilés, “LaTeX tutorial for submission to open access proceedings”

With thanks to our sponsors: The National Science Foundation, The College of
Liberal Arts, The Center for European Studies, The Department of Linguistics,
The Department of French & Italian, The Department of Spanish & Portuguese,
and The Department of Germanic Studies

Organizers : Barbara E. Bullock, Cinzia Russi, & Almeida Jacqueline Toribio