31.893, Calls: Applied Ling, Lang Acquisition, Phonetics/Spain

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Mar 4 16:16:13 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-893. Wed Mar 04 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.893, Calls: Applied Ling, Lang Acquisition, Phonetics/Spain

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2020 11:15:39
From: Joaquín Romero [joaquin.romero at urv.cat]
Subject: 3rd International Symposium on Applied Phonetics

Full Title: 3rd International Symposium on Applied Phonetics
Short Title: ISAPh2020

Date: 07-Sep-2020 - 09-Sep-2020
Location: Tarragona, Spain
Contact Person: Joaquín Romero
Meeting Email: isaph2020 at urv.cat
Web Site: http://wwwa.fundacio.urv.cat/congressos/isaph2020/

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Phonetics

Call Deadline: 15-Apr-2020

Meeting Description:

We are pleased to announce the 3rd International Symposium on Applied
Phonetics, to be held at Universitat Rovira i Virgili, in Tarragona, Spain,
September 7-9, 2020. ISAPh 2020 proudly follows up on the two previous
meetings held in Nagoya (2016) and Aizuwakamatsu (2018), where a large number
of researchers gathered to discuss a variety of aspects within the field of
applied phonetics. Our mission is to continue to offer a specialized forum for
the discussion of all areas of phonetic research with an applied component.
While the main focus of the symposium continues to be how phonetic knowledge
can guide the teaching and learning of foreign languages, we welcome
contributions from other areas of applied phonetics such as sociophonetics,
speech technology and pathology, language and accent coaching, forensic
phonetics, etc.

ISAPh2020 welcomes the submission of abstracts in any area of applied
phonetics, with a special emphasis on the use of phonetic knowledge and speech
analysis tools in the teaching and learning of foreign/second languages.
Studies that have a strong experimental component and can significantly
contribute to an improved praxis in the teaching and learning of pronunciation
are especially welcome.

Invited Speakers:
John Murphy (Georgia State University)
Joan Carles Mora (Universitat de Barcelona)
Douglas Honorof (Verbarations / Haskins Laboratories)
Josefina Carrera (Universitat de Barcelona)

In addition to the invited presentations, the following workshop, included in
the registration, will take place on September 9:
Mikhail Ordin (Basque Foundation for Science): Re-synthesis and speech
modification techniques in applied phonetics research

Call for Papers:

Abstracts must be no more than 2 pages, including figures and references, and
they must be written in English. Do not include author names or affiliations,
and please submit abstracts as property-free PDF files. Please use the
template provided on our website for the preparation of your abstract. Use the
following link for the submission of your abstract:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=isaph2020

Important Dates:
APRIL 15. Deadline for submission of abstracts
JUNE 1. Notification of acceptance
JUNE 15. Program announcement
JUNE 20. Deadline for early registration
SEPTEMBER 7-9. Conference

For more details, please visit the conference website:
http://wwwa.fundacio.urv.cat/congressos/isaph2020/

Questions can be addressed to isaph2020 at urv.cat