31.898, Calls: English; Applied Linguistics/United Kingdom

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Mar 4 17:08:16 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-898. Wed Mar 04 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.898, Calls: English; Applied Linguistics/United Kingdom

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2020 12:07:40
From: Anthony Picot [a.picot at mmu.ac.uk]
Subject: NATESOL Challenge and Change in TESOL

Full Title: NATESOL Challenge and Change in TESOL

Date: 16-May-2020 - 16-May-2020
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Anthony Picot
Meeting Email: NATESOLCommittee at gmail.com
Web Site: http://www.natesol.org

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Language Family(ies): English

Call Deadline: 03-Apr-2020

Meeting Description:

NATESOL Annual Conference : Challenge and Change in TESOL. To be held
Saturday, 16 May 2020, at Manchester Metropolitan University Birley Fields
campus.

Plenary speakers:
Julie Moore (Oxford University Press): Language change and the learner
Dr Judith Hanks (University of Leeds): Quality of Life and Exploratory
Practice

Call for Papers:

English Language Teaching is often at the forefront of educational innovation,
change and development.  As we enter the 2020’s NATESOL invite you to address
some of the challenges the new decade brings and share with us your
innovations, improvements and creative responses to change within your
practice.

Some possible themes presenters may wish to consider:
• Contextual change (political, resources, institutional change)
• Linguistic change (multi-literacies, trans-languaging, English as an
International Language)
• Technological change (blended learning, mobile learning, distance learning)
• Methodological and curriculum design changes (Gamification, assessment for
learning, twenty-first century skills; co-creation)

Other areas might include:
• Inclusive teaching and differentiated instruction
• The emotional turn in second language teaching
• The challenges of globalisation
• The management of change

We welcome proposals from practising ELT/TESOL professionals about any aspect
of these themes as well as additional areas which may be of interest to our
membership. We invite proposals for talks, interactive sessions or workshops
of 40 minutes.

New for 2020! : Teach-Meet a quick-fire presentation session. Presenters give
a 5 minute informal presentation on a piece of good practice, a teaching tip,
or a classroom innovation.

We welcome individual and group proposals. Mentoring for new presenters is
offered.

If you would like to make a proposal, please complete the proposal form
(available at http://www.natesol.org/conference-2020.html) and return it to us
by email to natesolcommittee at gmail.com

You can find information about previous conference presentations and
Guidelines for Speakers at  http://www.natesol.org
Deadline for proposals: Friday, 3 April, 2020