31.932, FYI: Become a member of the DiscourseNet Association

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat Mar 7 20:21:22 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-932. Sat Mar 07 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.932, FYI:  Become a member of the DiscourseNet Association

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2020 15:21:07
From: Kseniia Semykina [membership at discourseanalysis.net]

Dear friends and colleagues,
We are delighted to launch the new ''DiscourseNet International Association
for Discourse Studies'' [1]. We would like to invite you to join our
association and to contribute to its future activities. Please write to
membership at discourseanalysis.net if you want to become a founding member. The
annual fee is 30€ per year.
DiscourseNet runs several events every year, including conferences, graduate
schools, workshops. Every two years we hold a larger international Congress.
We have various publication outlets [5], including the double-blind peer
reviewed, Open Access Journal for Discourse Studies, the Postdisciplinary
Studies in Discourse book series with Palgrave Macmillan. Our website
discourseanalysis.net currently has over 6000 registered users.
As a DiscourseNet member, you are entitled to:
- participate and present at  DiscourseNet events [2]
- benefit from the networking, mentoring and other support from the
DiscourseNet Board [3]
- submit your work to the DiscourseNet Working Paper series [4], get feedback
and discuss your work at one of our events
- be listed in the membership directory as a founding member

At our Congress in Paris in September 2019, the DiscourseNet Assembly elected
a team of three legal representatives for DiscourseNet - Johannes Angermuller
(president), Luciana Radut-Gaghi (Treasurer) and Jaspal Singh (Secretary).
Together with Peter Fargas (developer), Jan Krasni (social media), Tatiana
Shutova (communications), we have now formed the new DiscourseNet Board [6]
for 2020-2021, which also comprises Aurora Fragonara (communications,
organisation DN23, Bergamo 2019), Péter Furkó (organisation DNC4, Budapest
2021), Benno Herzog (organisation DNC5, Valencia 2023), Michael Kranert,
Felicitas Macgilchrist, Jens Maeße (DiscourseNet Collaborative Working Paper
Series [7]), Yannik Porsché (organisation DN summer school Munich 2020),
Kseniia Semykina (membership management and communications), Susanne Weber,
Franco Zappettini (administration of multilingual website and language areas
[8]), Jan Zienkowski (organisation DN24, Brussels 2020). The Board meets every
month to reach important decisions on ongoing and future activities of
DiscourseNet.

We are looking forward to collaboration with all people interested in
discourse studies, and hope we can welcome you in our fledgeling association!

With many good wishes,
The DiscourseNet crowd

[1] https://discourseanalysis.net/DN
[2] http://default/DN/events
[3] http://default/DN/board
[4] http://default/DN/publications
[5] https://discourseanalysis.net/DN/publications
[6] https://discourseanalysis.net/DN/board
[7] dncwps.discourseanalysis.net
[8] http://default/en/about

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics
                     Discipline of Linguistics
                     Discourse Analysis
                     Pragmatics
                     Psycholinguistics