31.1076, Calls: Pragmatics, Sociolinguistics / Multilingua. Journal of Cross-Cultural and Interlanguage Communication (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Mar 19 17:38:35 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-1076. Thu Mar 19 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.1076, Calls:  Pragmatics, Sociolinguistics / Multilingua. Journal of Cross-Cultural and Interlanguage Communication (Jrnl)

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 13:38:16
From: Asja Kusnezowa [Asja.Kusnezowa at degruyter.com]

Full Title: Multilingua. Journal of Cross-Cultural and Interlanguage Communication

Linguistic Field(s): Pragmatics; Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 06-Apr-2020

Call for papers:
special issue of the De Gruyter journal Multilingua devoted to ''Linguistic
diversity and public health: sociolinguistic perspectives on COVID-19'' edited
by Ingrid Piller, Jie Zhang, and Jia Li.

We are calling for research submissions from sociolinguists engaged with the
language challenges posed by COVID-19 in any context. We are interested in
what the public health information needs of multilingual populations are and
how these needs are - or are not - being addressed.

More information: https://bit.ly/3d19aHf

Timeline:
April 06, 2020: Abstract due to the editor (ingrid.piller [at] mq.edu.au)
June 08, 2020: Manuscript submission due through Multilingua's online
submission system
August 10, 2020: Peer-review and production process; rolling virtual
publication ahead of print upon acceptance
September 2020: Publication of print issue, 39(5)