31.1153, Calls: Phonetics/Denmark

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Mar 26 02:26:27 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-1153. Wed Mar 25 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.1153, Calls: Phonetics/Denmark

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 22:25:57
From: Oliver Niebuhr [olni at sdu.dk]
Subject: 1st International Conference on Tone and Intonation

Full Title: 1st International Conference on Tone and Intonation
Short Title: TAI

Date: 16-Aug-2020 - 20-Aug-2020
Location: Sonderborg, Denmark
Contact Person: Oliver Niebuhr
Meeting Email: tai2020 at sdu.dk
Web Site: http://www.tai2020.org

Linguistic Field(s): Phonetics

Call Deadline: 19-Apr-2020

Meeting Description:

The 1st edition of the Tone-and-Intonation (TAI) conference series is proudly
hosted by the Centre of Industrial Electronics (CIE) at the University of
Southern Denmark. Being a merger of the two former conference series TAL
(Tonal Aspects of Languages) and TIE (Tone and Intonation in Europe), TAI 2020
welcomes contributions on phonetic and phonological analyses of prosody
including (but not limited to) topics related to the production and perception
of prosody and rhythm, the semantics and pragmatics of prosody, the
acquisition and teaching of prosody in L1 and L2, and cross-linguistic
comparisons of prosody.

In addition, in TAI 2020 two separate special sessions will be dedicated to
the challenges and opportunities that globalization and digitization hold for
the speech sciences. In this context, we also encourage researchers of
neighboring disciplines to submit papers related to tone and intonation to the
conference. Globalization poses increasing challenges to both societies and
individuals in terms of language contact and language acquisition.
Digitization opens up new ways of human-human and human-machine interaction.
In both contexts, tone and intonation are special linguistic, technical and
didactic hurdles. Their better understanding not only has the potential for
deeper insights into the nature of speech communication but can also
decisively shape the communication of tomorrow.

Call for Papers:

Submissions to the TAI conference are made in the form of 2-page abstracts, 1
page of text plus 1 page for references, tables and/or figures. Please
download the abstract template on our website.

The submission of full papers is not mandatory, but encouraged after the
conference (4 pages of text plus 1 page of references only, following the
current ISCA paper template, available on our website.

Papers submission is handled via the EasyChair platform:
https://easychair.org/account/signin?l=bHyf9AYDx2JkObZNHKlLIJ

We will publish corrected abstracts and optional 5-page papers in the ISCA
online archive of the TAI conference series.

Important dates in 2020:
01 Mar       Online abstract submission opens
19 Apr       Abstract submission deadline
31 May       Notification of abstract acceptance
21 Jun       Early bird registration deadline
16-20 Aug    1st Tone-and-Intonation Conference, Sonderborg, Denmark
01 Nov       Deadline for the submission of a corrected abstract and an
optional 5-page full paper (4 pages of text plus 1 page for references only)

Please see tai2020.org for further details.

Scholarships for young researcher to participate in the TAI conference:
We are pleased that IPA and ISCA sponsor 5+ scholarships for young researchers
to participate in TAI. Please check the TAI website under ''Scholarships'' for
further information on how to apply.

AllGoodSpeakers will sponsor the Best Paper Awards of TAI 2020, one for junior
and one for senior researchers.