31.1491, Calls: Germanic; Syntax/Italy

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri May 1 03:10:59 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-1491. Thu Apr 30 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.1491, Calls: Germanic; Syntax/Italy

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 23:10:03
From: Ermenegildo Bidese [ermenegildo.bidese at unitn.it]
Subject: 35 Comparative Germanic Syntax Workshop

Full Title: 35 Comparative Germanic Syntax Workshop
Short Title: CGSW 35

Date: 07-Oct-2020 - 09-Oct-2020
Location: Trento, Italy
Contact Person: Ermenegildo Bidese
Meeting Email: ermenegildo.bidese at unitn.it
Web Site: https://event.unitn.it/cgsw35/

Linguistic Field(s): Syntax

Language Family(ies): Germanic

Call Deadline: 31-May-2020

Meeting Description:

**** Due to the ongoing Corona virus crisis and to the restrictions imposed by
the Italian Government on university activities from October 2020 to January
2021, we announce that CGSW 35 won't take place physically in October 2020. We
are still finding an alternative solution and will let you know as soon as
possible. ****

We are very proud to announce that the 35th Comparative Germanic Syntax
Workshop will be held, for the first time of the conference's history, in
Italy, at Department of Humanities of the University of Trento, on 7-9 October
2020.

The confirmed keynote speakers are:
Eric Fuß, University of Bochum
Liliane Haegeman, University of Ghent
Michael Putnam, PennState University
Marc Richards, Queen's University, Belfast
Elly van Gelderen, University of Arizona

Second Call for Papers - extended deadline:

**** Due to the ongoing Corona virus crisis and to the restrictions imposed by
the Italian Government on university activities from October 2020 to January
2021, we announce that CGSW 35 won't take place physically in October 2020. We
are still finding an alternative solution and will let you know as soon as
possible. ****

Following the conference's consolidated tradition, we encourage submissions
dealing with any aspect of comparative Germanic syntax. Moreover, in the light
of the linguistic research carried out at the University of Trento, we
encourage submissions also dealing with heritage German syntax or with a
comparison of syntactic phenomena in a Germanic and in a non-Germanic
language.

Submission details:
We invite submissions of anonymous abstracts for 40-minute talks including
discussion. Submissions should not exceed two pages, 12pt. single spaced, with
2.5cm (= one-inch) margins on all sides. Abstracts should be in PDF format.
The conference's language is English.

Please upload your abstracts at
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cgsw35 by 31 May 2020 (extended
deadline)

All information concerning the conference including travel information and
programme will be published on the conference web
page:https://event.unitn.it/cgsw35/

Contacts:
ermenegildo.bidese at unitn.it
federica.cognola at unive.it