31.1688, Calls: Spanish; Applied Ling, Comp Ling, General Ling, Text/Corpus Ling, Translation/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue May 19 19:08:40 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-1688. Tue May 19 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.1688, Calls: Spanish; Applied Ling, Comp Ling, General Ling, Text/Corpus Ling, Translation/Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 15:07:59
From: Jorge Molina Mejía [congreso.cilcc.2020 at gmail.com]
Subject: Online III International Congress of Computational and Corpus Linguistics

Full Title: Online III International Congress of Computational and Corpus Linguistics
Short Title: CILCC-2020 Online

Date: 21-Oct-2020 - 23-Oct-2020
Location: Antioquia, Colombia
Contact Person: Jorge Molina Mejía
Meeting Email: congreso.cilcc.2020 at gmail.com
Web Site: http://cilcc20.wordpress.com/english

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Translation

Subject Language(s): Spanish (spa)

Call Deadline: 20-Jun-2020

Meeting Description:

Initially, the 3rd International Congress of Computational and Corpus
Linguistics had been scheduled to take place from 29 to 31 July, 2020 in
Medellin, Colombia. For reasons beyond our control, this year the Congress is
going online and will be postponed to October 21, 22 and 23, 2020.

Computational and Corpus Linguistics has been booming and developing in our
Spanish-speaking countries, particularly in Colombia. Just in the past three
years two important congresses were held in Colombia: the first in the city of
Bogotá in 2017, by the Caro y Cuervo Institute; and the second, in 2018, by
the University of Medellín; these congresses were preceded by the First
Colombian Colloquium of Computational and Corpus Linguistics held in 2016,
Universidad del Valle. On these occasions we had the opportunity to meet and
discuss this topic with colleagues from Latin American countries and Spain
and, in addition, there was the participation of experts from the Anglophone
world.

Call for Papers:

Update:
The 3rd International Congress of Computational and Corpus Linguistics is
going online and will be postponed to October 21, 22 and 23, 2020. The
Congress had originally been scheduled to take place from 29 to 31 July this
year in Medellin, Colombia.
Due to the imminent expansion of the coronavirus pandemics, the Organizing
Committee came to the conclusion that it would not be possible to hold a
face-to-face conference in July. It is not certain either for how long it
would be necessary to postpone it because a face-to-face event involves people
gatherings and national and international trips, among other things.
Therefore, considering the interest in the Congress by the academic community,
we believe that CILCC-2020 can be a quality event in which all our goals can
be met, but in a virtual way.
Other changes come by the hand of virtuality. First, it is necessary to
postpone all the dates related to this event. This is because this new
modality requires starting over with the organization from a different
perspective. Also, the deadlines for submissions are extended (see Important
dates below). It is important to make clear that the event will now be free
for both attendees and speakers.
We consider that celebrating the third CILCC online is a possibility to open
up a space for science and academia in these dark times, since a good number
of these kind of events has been postponed until the following year. In
addition, we hope this option encourages many researchers and students who
previously did not have the chance to participate in the event to submit their
proposals and participate in the webinars.
The University of Antioquia, the University of Groningen and the other
collaborating institutions guarantee all the technical support so that the
Congress is carried out satisfactorily online. We invite you to participate
either with your attendance or with a proposal. Please feel free share this
call with your colleagues and other institutions.

Important dates:
Submission of abstracts: June 20, 2020.
Acceptance notification: July 31, 2020.
Registration process: As of August 1, 2020.
Event date: October 21-23, 2020.

Submission of abstracts:
The proposal may be submitted either in Spanish or in English. The abstract
must not exceed three pages (including bibliography). Please take a look at
our abstract submission guidelines at our website, and use EasyChair to submit
your abstract:  https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cilcc2020
The publication of accepted works by an international publishing press remains
in place.
For more information about the conference topics, registration process,
keynote speakers, previous events etc., please visit our website:
https://cilcc20.wordpress.com/english/

Contact info:
congreso.cilcc.2020 at gmail.com
https://cilcc20.wordpress.com/english