31.1704, Confs: Applied Ling, Comp Ling/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed May 20 16:56:05 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-1704. Wed May 20 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.1704, Confs: Applied Ling, Comp Ling/USA

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 12:55:17
From: Michael Winans [winansmd at gmail.com]
Subject: 7th Annual Arizona Computer-Assisted Language Learning Conference

7th Annual Arizona Computer-Assisted Language Learning Conference
Short Title: AZCALL

Date: 03-Oct-2020 - 03-Oct-2020
Location: Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, USA
Contact: Michael Winans
Contact Email: winansmd at gmail.com
Meeting URL: https://sites.google.com/view/azcallconference/home

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics

Meeting Description:

AZCALL is a one-day conference held each year that brings together
computer-assisted language learning enthusiasts from around the state and
region to share ideas, network, and receive valuable feedback on scholarly
research, academic papers, and major conference presentations which are in
progress or preparation.

This year we are happy to host our keynote speaker, Dr. Idoia Elola from Texas
Tech University  and our afternoon plenary speaker, Dr. Naoko Taguchi from
Northern Arizona University.

Call for Papers:

CALL Club @ASU encourages proposals related to research on computer-assisted
language learning and teaching. Projects displaying innovative research
methods and forward-looking topics are highly encouraged. Paper presentations
will last 20 minutes, followed by a 10 minutes Q&A. We will be holding poster
sessions and tech-fair demonstrations. Poster sessions may reflect work in
progress, and tech-fair presentations will showcase digital tools, apps, or
other CALL materials. There will be a dedicated, 30-minute time slot for Q&A
with tech fair presenters.

Please submit a proposal (300 words maximum) with your name, academic program,
and institution through the current form
(https://sites.google.com/view/azcallconference/call-for-papers-2020?authuser=
0). Contact us at azcall2020 at gmail.com with questions. Additional information
is available at https://sites.google.com/view/azcallconference/home.

For those not residing in Arizona, distance presentations will be
accommodated.

Deadline: July 15, 2020