31.1749, Jobs: English; Computational Linguistics: Researcher, Vital Text Systems

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue May 26 19:57:09 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-1749. Tue May 26 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.1749, Jobs: English; Computational Linguistics: Researcher, Vital Text Systems

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 15:56:49
From: Gordon Monk [gordon.monk at vitaltextsystems.com]

University or Organization: Vital Text Systems
Department: Linguistics R&D
Job Location: , USA (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://vitaltextsystems.com/
Job Title: Sr. Linguistics Researcher
Job Rank: Programmer; Researcher; Scientist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The Role:
Vital Text Systems (VTS) is seeking an experienced Sr. Computational
Linguistics Programmer with machine learning experience.

The position is full or part time, equity-only, and option to convert to FTE,
paid employment, with VTS, immediately upon close of our next successful
funding round. Primary location in Maine but remote work any time zone east,
or central are acceptable.

Who You Are:
- You’re open to an equity-only position (at least, for the time-being).
- You are always searching for meaning- not just in life, but in text.
- You’re excited about solving problems. No challenge is too great.
- You’ve got serious computational linguistics skills. NLP, ML / DL and AI
classifiers are nothing new to you.
- You’ve got solid communication and collaborative skills.
- You’re familiar with Agile methodology.
- You’re familiar with the Stanford NLP Parser and Java libraries
- You’ve got a Linguistics Masters (preferred).
- You’re a US Citizen.

Who We Are:
We’re a small startup that’s receiving some big attention from a few big
players in the AI/Machine Learning space.
We work at a fast pace and we’re picking up speed. We also like to have a
little fun.

The VTS founders are, a serial-entrepreneur/Sr. technology leader, a professor
of linguistics, a Sr. computational linguistics programmer, a Director of
strategy with more than 2 decades in cloud/web-based solutions, and three
part-time sr. software engineers.

What We’re Doing:
We’re changing the world for the, more than 400 million, knowledge workers
that generate high-value documents for organizations around the globe. By
using AI classifiers and providing real-time linguistic analytics, we’re
helping them significantly reduce textual ambiguities and craft linguistically
hardened language in their documents.

Our tech stack includes Java, C#, React.js, .Net, and a few other goodies.

What We’ve Done (So Far):
- Received our software/systems patent in June, 2017
- Awarded over $350,000 in infrastructure credits by global technology
provider.
- Launched our MS Word Add-in Analytics for MS Store 12/21/2019deployment
- Completed Early Access User targets 2/29/2020 with 400 registered users.
- Now serving over 750 registered users, 2,655 scans; 10,610 pages; 349,184
sentences.

What’s On The Near Horizon:
- Deploying to Serverless Architecture, upgraded analytics, focused on–
Technical documents.
- Moving to commercialization on June 28, 2020
- Seven additional areas identified for 2021 delivery or sooner.
- Presenting to Angel and other investor groups, nationwide
- Selected for full submission Phase I National Science Foundation project

Sounds interesting? Then send your contact information and CV to the
application email provided below, we’ll do the rest.

Email Address for Applications: inquiries at vitaltextsystems.com
Contact Information:
	CEO Gordon Monk
	Email: gordon.monk at vitaltextsystems.com