31.1753, FYI: Survey of Linguistics Instructors’ and Students’ Adaptation to Remote Instruction Closing on 5/28

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed May 27 06:08:35 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-1753. Wed May 27 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.1753, FYI: Survey of Linguistics Instructors’ and Students’ Adaptation to Remote Instruction Closing on 5/28

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 02:08:04
From: Michał B. Paradowski [m.b.paradowski at uw.edu.pl]

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

A big thank you to Everyone who has already filled in our survey investigating
how instructors and students in Linguistics, SLS, Language Teaching and
related fields have been coping with the transition to 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐞
𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧. If you haven't yet, the survey is going to stay open
until 5/28. In it, we hope to understand what circumstances, behaviours,
attitudes and psychological traits have helped you deal with the shift, and
what was difficult. You will likely find it easy to relate to many questions;
in the words of one respondent:

Thank you for sharing this survey! I enjoyed completing it, and thought it was
one of the more comprehensive and compassionate surveys I’ve done during this
time.

The survey is anonymous and will solely serve scientific purposes. It should
take around 25-45 minutes to complete; around 85% of the questions are of the
quick multiple-choice type.

There are different versions of the questionnaire:

for ɪɴsᴛʀᴜᴄᴛᴏʀs ᴀɴᴅ TAs ɪɴ Lɪɴɢᴜɪsᴛɪᴄs, Mᴏᴅᴇʀɴ Lᴀɴɢᴜᴀɢᴇs, Lᴀɴɢᴜᴀɢᴇ Tᴇᴀᴄʜɪɴɢ
and related fields:
https://www.surveygizmo.eu/s3/90232576/Linguistics-instructors

for sᴛᴜᴅᴇɴᴛs ᴍᴀᴊᴏʀɪɴɢ ɪɴ Lɪɴɢᴜɪsᴛɪᴄs, Mᴏᴅᴇʀɴ Lᴀɴɢᴜᴀɢᴇs, Lᴀɴɢᴜᴀɢᴇ Tᴇᴀᴄʜɪɴɢ and
related fields:
https://www.surveygizmo.eu/s3/90232892/Linguistics-students

Thank you very much in advance for taking part! 🙏🏻  If you know instructors,
teachers, colleagues, friends, or students who have been teaching or learning
online this (past) semester/trimester and might want to participate, please
feel free to share this announcement.

Stay safe and healthy!
Michał B. Paradowski
Institute of Applied Linguistics,