31.1807, FYI: CFP - SardiStance at EVALITA2020

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat May 30 07:04:20 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-1807. Sat May 30 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.1807, FYI: CFP - SardiStance at EVALITA2020

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 03:03:07
From: Alessandra T. Cignarella [cigna at di.unito.it]
Subject: CFP - SardiStance at EVALITA2020

2nd Call for Participants:

Task: Stance Detection in Italian Tweets (SardiStance) in the context of
EVALITA 2020
Info: https://di.unito.it/sardistance2020
Final Workshop: 2nd or 3rd December 2020, Bologna, Italy (co-located with
CLiC-it 2020)
Registration is required to obtain data and participate in the shared task.
(Please register to the task by subscribing to the google group:
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/sardistance-evalita2020)

The SardiStance Task  🐟 🐟 🐟
--

We invite participants to detect the stance of Italian tweets regarding the
target of interest ''Movimento delle Sardine'' and to explore features based

Task A - Textual Stance Detection:
The first task is a three-class classification task where the system has to
predict whether a tweet is in favour, against or neutral towards the given
target, exploiting only textual information, i.e. the text of the tweet.

Task B - Contextual Stance Detection:
The second task is the same as the first one: a three-class classification
task where the system has to predict whether a tweet is in favour, against or
neutral towards the given target. Here participants will have access to a
wider range of contextual information based on the post such as: the number of
retweets, the number of favours, the number of replies and the number of
quotes received to the tweet, the type of posting source (e.g. iOS or
Android), and date of posting.
Furthermore we will share (and encourage its exploitation) contextual
information related to the user, such as: number of tweets ever posted, user's
bio, user's number of followers, user's number of friends. Additionally we
will share users' contextual information about their social network, such as:
friends, replies, retweets, and quotes' relations.
Further details on the task, data, and evaluation are available at the task
website: https://di.unito.it/sardistance2020

Machine Learning for Beginners:

In order to encourage task participation from students of all ages and
everyone who is curious towards the fields of Machine Learning and Natural
Language Processing, we have developed a simple automatic system that can be
exploited by everyone as a starting point to participate to our task.
You can find it here: https://github.com/mirkolai/evalita-sardistance

Important Dates:

- 29 May 2020: training data and instructions for participants available
(here: https://github.com/mirkolai/evalita-sardistance)
- 4 September 2020: test data available
- 4 - 24 September 2020: evaluation window and collection of participants'
results.
- 2 October 2020: assessment returned to participants
- 6 November 2020: technical reports due to organizers (camera-ready).
- 2 - 3 December 2020: final workshop in Bologna.
Further details will be made available in the near future.

Organizers:

Mirko Lai ¹
Alessandra T. Cignarella ¹ ²
Cristina Bosco ¹
Viviana Patti ¹
Paolo Rosso ²
1. Università degli Studi di Torino, Italy
2. Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain

Contacts:

Join the google group:
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/sardistance-evalita2020
Compile the copyright agreement to obtain the data:
https://forms.gle/43YzayGnbb2C5KqF8
And contact the organizers: Mirko Lai (mirko.lai at unito.it) and Alessandra T.
Cignarella (cigna at di.unito.it)

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics

Subject Language(s): Italian (ita)