31.3361, FYI: Call for Book Chapters - Springer

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 3 08:40:28 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3361. Tue Nov 03 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3361, FYI: Call for Book Chapters - Springer

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2020 03:36:01
From: M. del Mar Suárez [mmsuarez at ub.edu]
Subject: Call for Book Chapters - Springer

Dear Researchers and Practitioners,

We hope this e-mail finds you well.

Currently, we are in the process of preparing a forthcoming publication
entitled "Optimizing Online English Language Learning and Teaching" to be
published by Springer Publishing within the “English Language Education”
series. Since it is under consideration for publication with Springer, we
would like to take this opportunity to cordially invite you to submit your
chapter proposal for consideration in this publication, which will hopefully
be published towards the end of 2021.

This book will serve as a compendium of theory- and concept-based practice
chapters addressing practical strategies, techniques, approaches, and methods
from a theoretical or conceptual perspective. Besides, it includes
research-based chapters with strong pedagogical implications on online English
language learning and teaching. We are soliciting chapters that highlight five
broad strands, each of which containing at least one theoretical chapter, two
research-based chapters and two innovation experiences. The topics of the
chapters include, but are not limited to the following:

- Online English Language Learning

o  facilitating online learning of English language (skills including
listening, reading, speaking, and writing; and elements including vocabulary,
grammar, and sounds).

o  investigating aspects related to the learner and online learning such as
students’ engagement, autonomy, self-regulation, attitudes toward online
learning.

- Online English Language Teaching

o  teaching practices that are compatible with online facilities and enhance
online learning.

o  teachers’ knowledge, skills, and beliefs of online teaching.

o  preparing and training teachers on utilizing online tools for teaching
English language.

- Online Instructional Design

o  various online instructional designs and tools.

o  models and practices such as blended learning and flipped learning,
project-based learning, design thinking, problem-based learning, and
gamification

- Online Assessment

o  various techniques and applications that can be used for online assessment.

o  the challenges that face teachers and administrators in applying online
assessment.

- Online Learning Environments

o  managing online learning environments and platforms such as duolingo,
busuu, Moodle, and MOOCs

o  implications for structuring a conducive online environment for learning
English.

We believe that your expertise in language teaching and learning and
contribution to this topic and/or other related research areas would make an
excellent addition to this publication. You’re welcomed to submit a chapter
proposal by November 15, 2020. Specifically, we would like to receive a Word
document that provides and summarizes the following information and is between
400-500 words (excluding references).

Objectives or Purposes:

Perspective(s) or theoretical framework
Methods, techniques, or modes of inquiry
Data sources, evidence, objects, or materials
Scientific or scholarly significance of the study or work
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to e-mail us.
Thank you very much for your consideration of this invitation, and we hope to
hear from you by November 15, 2020. We plan to receive the full chapters by
the end of April 2021. Please, send the following three requirements:

Your Chapter Proposal:

The author data (name, job title, afflation, e-mail address, and a short
biography)
Also, kindly recommend 3 reviewers (their full name, institution, and e-mail
address)
Thank you very much for your consideration of this invitation.

Best regards,

Editors

Dr. Maria del Mar Suárez, Ph.D., University of Barcelona, Spain.

mmsuarez at ub.edu

Dr. Walaa M. El-Henawy, Ph.D., Port Said University, Egypt.

wmae22 at yahoo.com, walaa.elhenawy at edu.psu.edu.eg

                     Language Acquisition

Subject Language(s): English (eng)