31.3363, FYI: On-line Lecture Series: The Multilingual Mind: Lecture Series on Multilingualism across Disciplines

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 3 08:49:36 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3363. Tue Nov 03 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3363, FYI: On-line Lecture Series: The Multilingual Mind: Lecture Series on Multilingualism across Disciplines

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2020 03:43:33
From: Theodoros Marinis [t.marinis at uni-konstanz.de]

We are pleased to announce that our lecture series 'The Multilingual Mind'
will take place this year online. The lecture series consists of ten lectures
on Multilingualism from the perspective of different disciplines (linguistics,
education, neuroscience, and speech & language pathology). The series includes
lectures by early stage researchers and offers them a platform to present
their work to a wider audience alongside senior academics.

https://www.mehrsprachigkeit.uni-konstanz.de/news-events/info/lecture-series-2
021/

Tuesdays 17:00–18:30 CET/UTC+01
zoom.us/j/94531600895

3.11.20: Prof Dr Theodoros Marinis (University of Konstanz) & Duygu Özge
(Middle East Technical University): How do bilingual children acquire complex
syntax in their heritage vs. the majority language: Turkish-English speaking
children in the UK

10.11.20: Prof Jeanine Treffers-Daller (University of Reading): Explaining
individual differences in Executive Functions performance in multilinguals:
the impact of code-switching and alternating between Multicultural Identity
Styles

17.11.20: Sarah von Grebmer zu Wolfsthurn, Leticia Pablos Robles and Niels O.
Schiller (University of Leiden): Cross-linguistic interference in multilingual
speakers - an ERP study

24.11.20: Prof Dr Bernhard Brehmer (University of Konstanz): Age effects in
bilingual acquisition: Observations from different groups of Polish-German
bilinguals

1.12.20: Prof Ianthi Tsimpli (University of Cambridge): Multilingualism in
underprivileged contexts

15.12.20: Michal Korenar (University of Reading): Bilingualism and creativity

12.1.21: Jasmijn Bosch (University Milano Bicocca): Predictive processing and
cross-linguistic influence in bilingual children

19.1.21: Dr Maria Luisa Lorusso (IRCCS, Eugenio Medea): Assessment of
developmental language and reading disorders in bilingual children

26.1.21: Prof Philippe Prevost (University of Tours): Is growing up with two
languages particularly challenging for autistic children?

2.2.21: Prof Li Wei (University College London): Translanguaging: Transforming
the way we think and talk about language, bilingualism and education

The lecture series is part of our MA in Multilingualism
(https://www.ling.uni-konstanz.de/studium/master-of-arts/ma-multilingualism/)
and is organised by the Department of Linguistics
(https://www.ling.uni-konstanz.de/en/) and the Centre for Multilingualism
(https://www.mehrsprachigkeit.uni-konstanz.de/) at the University of Konstanz
and the project 'The Multilingual Mind' (https://www.multilingualmind.eu/)
that has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon2020 research and
innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska Curie grant agreement No
765556.

                     Clinical Linguistics
                     Language Acquisition
                     Neurolinguistics