31.3459, Confs: Cog Sci/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Nov 11 00:38:58 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3459. Tue Nov 10 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3459, Confs: Cog Sci/Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 19:38:17
From: Beatriz Bermúdez-Margaretto [bermudezmargaretto at gmail.com]
Subject: CCCP 2020 Symposium on Cross-Language Interplay in a Bilingual Mind

CCCP 2020 Symposium on Cross-Language Interplay in a Bilingual Mind
Short Title: CCCP 2020

Date: 10-Dec-2020 - 12-Dec-2020
Location: Moscow (Online), Russia
Contact: Beatriz Bermúdez-Margaretto
Contact Email: cccpsymposium2020 at gmail.com
Meeting URL: http://neuro.hse.ru/cccp2020/

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science

Meeting Description:

Institute for Cognitive Neuroscience, Higher School of Economics (Moscow,
Russia) and Ecole Normale Supérieure (Paris, France) announce the CCCP 2020
symposium on Cross-Language Interplay in a Bilingual Mind. CCCP (Cognition,
Communication, Computation, and Perception) symposium is an annual conference
series bringing together researchers from various research areas of cognitive
science. This year's topic is ''Cross-Language Interplay in a Bilingual
Mind''. CCCP 2020 will take place online, 10-12 December 2020.

Program Information:

Conference website including registration link: https://neuro.hse.ru/cccp2020/

KEYNOTES:
‒ Barbara Köpke (Octogone-Lordat, University of Toulouse, UT2). From
cross-linguistic transfer to attrition. The whys and the whens
‒ Antonella Sorace (University of Edinburgh). The ecology of L2 learning and
L1 change in bilingualism
‒ Arturo E. Hernandez (University of Houston). Sensorimotor plasticity and
cognitive flexiblity: A Neuoremergentist approach
‒ Monika S. Schmid (University of Essex). 'Slipping through my fingers': under
what circumstances do multilingual migrants lose or maintain their native
language?
‒ Zohar Eviatar (University of Haifa). Reading in Different Languages: Early
Differences and Late Similarities
‒ Marit Westergaard (UiT The Arctic University of Norway and NTNU Norwegian
University of Science and Technology). Exploring bilingual effects on
cognition through grammatical illusions

NOTE: the third day event (12 December) will be sponsored by I-Brain Erasmus
project (http://ibrain.eu/). This satellite event will include a poster
session and a round table within a wider-scope agenda of cognitive
neuroscience, bilingualism and culture.

REGISTRATION FOR BOTH CCCP 2020 AND I-BRAIN IS FREE BUT YOU NEED TO (1)
REGISTER FOR BOTH EVENTS AND (2) SUBMIT YOUR POSTER ABSTRACT FOR THE I-BRAIN
EVENT BEFORE DECEMBER 7.

Direct your questions or enquiries to the organizing committee at
cccpsymposium2020 at gmail.com.