31.3474, Confs: Ling Theories, Morphology, Phonology, Syntax/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Nov 12 01:41:41 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3474. Wed Nov 11 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3474, Confs: Ling Theories, Morphology, Phonology, Syntax/Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 20:41:08
From: Hisao Tokizaki [toki at sapporo-u.ac.jp]
Subject: 11th Workshop on Phonological Externalization of Morphosyntactic Structure

11th Workshop on Phonological Externalization of Morphosyntactic Structure
Short Title: phex 11

Date: 13-Feb-2021 - 13-Feb-2021
Location: Online (hosted in Sapporo, Japan), Japan
Contact: Hisao Tokizaki
Contact Email: toki at sapporo-u.ac.jp
Meeting URL: https://toki482.wixsite.com/phex11

Linguistic Field(s): Linguistic Theories; Morphology; Phonology; Syntax

Meeting Description:

PHEX 11 is the first (online) workshop of our research project “The Mapping
from Syntax to Phonology: Theory, Typology and History,’’ which is a
continuation of our project “Phonological Externalization of Morphosyntactic
Structure: Universals and Variables'' (2015-2020). Following the success of
the previous workshops in Sapporo, Niigata, Tokyo and Lexington, KY, we are
glad to invite abstracts for presentation about the morphosyntax-phonology
interface.

Call for Papers:

Possible topics include (but not are limited to):
Topic 1: The mechanism of Externalization
Topic 2: Linear order of constituents, morphemes, and/or phonemes
Topic 3: Mapping of syntactic structure onto phonological structure
Topic 4: Phonological approaches to syntactic phenomena
Topic 5: Diachronic study of the syntax-phonology interface

Please submit an anonymous abstract (A4 PDF) of no more than 1 page (excluding
references) by EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=phex11

The deadline for abstract submission is December 20, 2020.
We will notify the result by January 10, 2021.

Invited Speakers:
Aritz Irurtzun (Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique)
Kuniya Nasukawa (Tohoku Gakuin University)

Organizer:
Hisao Tokizaki (Sapporo University)

Program Committee:
Hisao Tokizaki (Sapporo University)
Yoshihito Dobashi (Niigata University)
Kayono Shiobara (Tokyo Woman's University)
Tomohiro Yanagi (Chubu University)