31.3563, Calls: Applied Ling, Gen Ling, Lang Acq, Ling & Lit, Translation/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Nov 20 03:16:38 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3563. Thu Nov 19 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3563, Calls: Applied Ling, Gen Ling, Lang Acq, Ling & Lit, Translation/Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 22:15:31
From: Fernando Melero-García [fernando.melerogarcia at uta.edu]
Subject: Cultural Constructions Conference

Full Title: Cultural Constructions Conference
Short Title: CCC 2021

Date: 04-Mar-2021 - 05-Mar-2021
Location: Online, USA
Contact Person: Cynthia Laborde
Meeting Email: cynthia.laborde at uta.edu
Web Site: https://www.uta.edu/modl/news/10-13-20.php

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Ling & Literature; Translation

Call Deadline: 15-Dec-2020

Meeting Description:

The organizers of the 2021 Cultural Constructions Conference hosted by the
Department of Modern Languages at The University of Texas at Arlington invite
papers and complete panels on any aspect of this year's theme: ''Resilience
and reinvention.''

The biennial Cultural Constructions Conference at The University of Texas at
Arlington brings together student, professional, and faculty presenters for
collegial and engaging multidisciplinary conversations. Admission is free and
open to the public. This year's conference features two keynote speakers, Dr.
José Alaniz and Dr. Kris Knisely.

The question of resilience has become increasingly significant in the year
2020 on many levels, both in personal and professional contexts. We are
seeking papers that examine the ability of languages and cultures to perform
despite unpredictable events. The purpose of the conference is to open up a
dialogue about resilience and reinvention in their broad sense: overcoming,
surviving, preserving, remaking, renewing, reaffirming. We ask scholars to
consider engagements with languages and cultures, the people that represent
them, and the professions that surround them, in terms of ongoing processes of
adaptation. We welcome proposals for fifteen-minute papers as well as planned
panels of three to five papers pertinent to these themes and their
manifestations anywhere in the world.

Undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to participate. In an
effort to be inclusive, we ask for all presentations to be delivered in
English. Some exceptions may be granted on an individual basis.

Call for Papers:

We welcome papers for a range of approaches and disciplines:
 - linguistics (bilingualism, sociolinguistics, variation)
 - second language acquisition and second/foreign language pedagogy
 - translation, localization, and interpreting
 - literary and cultural studies
 - creative writing

Send your 300 word abstract to us at this link :
https://ccc2021.questionpro.com/

Important Dates:
December 15, 2020: deadline to submit
January 15, 2021: participants receive notification of acceptance
March 4-5, 2021: conference broadcast live on Microsoft Teams