31.3643, Support: Romance; Spanish; Discipline of Linguistics: Open, University of Alabama

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Nov 30 16:27:35 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3643. Mon Nov 30 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3643, Support: Romance; Spanish; Discipline of Linguistics: Open, University of Alabama

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 11:27:19
From: Erin O'Rourke [eorourke at ua.edu]
Subject: Romance; Spanish; Discipline of Linguistics: Open, University of Alabama, USA

 Institution/Organization: University of Alabama
Department: Modern Languages and Classics
Web Address: https://mlc.ua.edu/spanish/

Level: Open

Duties: Teaching

Specialty Areas: Discipline of Linguistics
Spanish Linguistics
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

                      Romance

The Graduate Program in Spanish at the University of Alabama, housed within
the Department of Modern Languages and Classics, invites applications for
graduate study in Spanish Linguistics at the MA and PhD levels for the
upcoming 2021-2022 academic year.

Our faculty specialize and teach courses in a variety of areas, including
bilingualism, code-switching, semantics, pragmatics, sociolinguistics, and
phonetics. We also offer training in teaching methods, with a specific focus
on Spanish, as well as other introductory courses in Spanish linguistics,
history of the Spanish language, and quantitative research methods.

Financial support is available in the form of a Graduate Teaching
Assistantship, which includes full tuition, a monthly stipend, and health
insurance. The stipend for this past academic year 20/21 was $6863 per
semester. Additional funding opportunities may be available for recruitment of
exceptional applicants. Students also may receive support for conference
travel.

Applications to the program are considered on an on-going basis. For priority
consideration for an assistantship, applications should be submitted by
February 1, 2021 for the upcoming academic year.

For more information on our Graduate Program in Spanish, see:
https://mlc.ua.edu/spanish/graduate/

More details regarding graduate study at the University of Alabama can be
found at: https://graduate.ua.edu/prospective-students/

Please contact our Director of Graduate Studies, Dr. Alicia Cipria, at the
contact information below for any questions about application to our program.

Web Address for Applications: https://graduate.ua.edu/prospective-students/apply-now/

Contact Information:
	Dr. Alicia Cipria
	acipria at ua.edu