31.3003, TOC: Anglia 138 / 2 (2020)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat Oct 3 21:00:00 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3003. Sat Oct 03 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3003, TOC:  Anglia 138 / 2 (2020)

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2020 16:59:52
From: Asja Kusnezowa [Asja.Kusnezowa at degruyter.com]
Subject: Anglia Vol. 138, No. 2 (2020)

Publisher:	De Gruyter Mouton
			http://www.degruyter.com/mouton

Journal Title:  Anglia
Volume Number:  138
Issue Number:  2
Issue Date:  2020

Main Text:

Frontmatter
Page: I - IV
DOI: 10.1515/ang-2020-frontmatter2

The Ælfrician Glossaries in Oxford, Bodleian Library, Barlow 35: A New Edition
and Commentary
Claudio Cataldi
Page: 213 - 233
DOI: 10.1515/ang-2020-0020

An Illustration to Ælfric’s De temporibus anni in Ælfwine’s Prayerbook
Loredana Teresi
Page: 234 - 258
DOI: 10.1515/ang-2020-0021

Proverb from Winfrid’s Time and Bede’s Death Song: Some Textual Problems in
Two Eighth-Century Poems Revisited
Alfred Bammesberger
Page: 259 - 276
DOI: 10.1515/ang-2020-0022

“Our mother tongue, then, is no mother at all – but an orphan”: The Mother
Tongue and Translation in Ocean Vuong’s On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous
Birgit Neumann
Page: 277 - 298
DOI: 10.1515/ang-2020-0023

David West Brown. 2018. English and Empire: Literary History, Dialect, and the
Digital Archive. Studies in English Language. Cambridge: Cambridge University
Press, xvii + 351 pp., numerous figures and tables, £ 85.00.
Andrea Sand
Page: 299 - 301
DOI: 10.1515/ang-2020-0024

Susan Oosthuizen. 2019. The Emergence of the English. Leeds: Arc Humanities
Press, viii + 148 pp., 7 illustr., $ 19.95.
Leonard Neidorf
Page: 302 - 306
DOI: 10.1515/ang-2020-0025

Gerald P. Dyson. 2019. Priests and Their Books in Late Anglo-Saxon England.
Anglo-Saxon Studies 34. Woodbridge: Boydell, x + 286 pp., 9 illustr., £ 60.00.
Scott Gwara
Page: 306 - 310
DOI: 10.1515/ang-2020-0026

John D. Niles. 2019. God’s Exiles and English Verse: On the Exeter Anthology
of Old English Poetry. Exeter: University of Exeter Press, xv + 288 pp., 2
figures, £ 75.00.
Michael Matto
Page: 311 - 315
DOI: 10.1515/ang-2020-0027

Christopher Michael Berard. 2019. Arthurianism in Early Plantagenet England:
>From Henry II to Edward I. Arthurian Studies 88. Woodbridge: Boydell, viii +
363 pp., £ 60.00.
Renate Bauer
Page: 315 - 320
DOI: 10.1515/ang-2020-0028

Elizabeth Dearnley. 2016. Translators and their Prologues in Medieval England.
Bristol Studies in Medieval Cultures. Cambridge: Brewer, 300 pp., 22 figures,
£ 70.00 (hb)/£ 19.99 (e-book).
Ursula Lenker
Page: 321 - 324
DOI: 10.1515/ang-2020-0029

Gottfried Gabriel. 2019. Präzision und Prägnanz: Logische, rhetorische,
ästhetische und literarische Erkenntnisformen. Paderborn: Mentis, 255 pp., €
68.00/$ 78.00.
Wolfgang G. Müller
Page: 324 - 328
DOI: 10.1515/ang-2020-0030

Frank Kelleter and Alexander Starre (eds.). 2018. Projecting American Studies:
Essays on Theory, Method, and Practice. Heidelberg: Winter, 307 pp., € 40.00.
Florian Zappe
Page: 328 - 332
DOI: 10.1515/ang-2020-0031

Deena Rymhs. 2019. Roads, Mobility, and Violence in Indigenous Literature and
Art from North America. Routledge Studies in World Literatures and the
Environment. New York: Routledge, 165 pp., £ 120.00.
Bethany Webster-Parmentier
Page: 332 - 336
DOI: 10.1515/ang-2020-0032

Linguistic Field(s): Ling & Literature