31.3023, Calls: Gen Ling/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Oct 6 23:27:30 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3023. Tue Oct 06 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3023, Calls: Gen Ling/Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2020 19:26:50
From: Martin Konvicka [martin.konvicka at fu-berlin.de]
Subject: 68. Studentische Tagung Sprachwissenschaft

Full Title: 68. Studentische Tagung Sprachwissenschaft
Short Title: StuTS

Date: 19-Nov-2020 - 22-Nov-2020
Location: Online, Germany
Contact Person: Martin Konvicka
Meeting Email: stuts68 at stuts.de
Web Site: https://68.stuts.de

Call Deadline: 26-Oct-2020

Meeting Description:

The 68th Studentische Tagung Sprachwissenschaft (StuTS) will be between the 19
- 22 November 2020. The conference will take place online.

An international conference for students by students, StuTS offers a platform
to students of linguistics (and related disciplines) to present their own
research projects or to share their expertise with others by holding hands-on
workshops. In addition, the conference traditionally offers keynotes by
well-known local professors and lecturers, a cultural programme, and perhaps
even an few city and university tours. Participants can also get to know each
other during virtual coffee breaks.

The first ever StuTS took place in Hamburg in the year 1987. Since then, the
conference has been held at a different university every semester. Each
conference was independently organised by the local student body.

Second Call for Papers:

We invite all students of linguistics (as well as study programmes with a
partial focus on languages) to present their current course projects, theses
or other projects from their studies to a broad, diverse audience of their
fellow peers at the 68th StuTS. Bachelors', Masters', and PhD students alike
are all welcome to submit their contributions!

Contributions are required to:
- Follow one of three formats:
     - Workshops, 30-120 minutes in length;
     - Talks, 20 minutes plus 10 minutes for discussion; (Longer talks
spanning multiple 30-minute slots are also acceptable)
     - Short talks outlining projects or concepts, 5 minutes plus 5 minutes
for discussion;
- Aim to impart linguistic knowledge and/or methodological skills;
- Be presented in a language of your choosing.
     - German and English are established staples.
     - When choosing another language, a high level of proficiency is a
prerequisite.

Send us your submission in the form of a short, informative abstract by
October 26 on our website (https://talks.stuts.de/de/stuts68/cfp). For
questions regarding the structure and/or contents of your abstract, we have
provided a short manual in our FAQ tab. If you have any further questions
regarding the submission process, feel free to contact us via email.

Website: https://68.stuts.de
Email: stuts68 [at] stuts.de