31.3174, Jobs: Phonetics: Assistant Professor, Concordia University

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Oct 19 15:33:20 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3174. Mon Oct 19 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3174, Jobs: Phonetics: Assistant Professor, Concordia University

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 11:32:48
From: Madelyn Kissock [madelyn.kissock at concordia.ca]
Subject: Phonetics: Assistant Professor, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada

University or Organization: Concordia University
Department: Classics, Modern Languages and Linguistics
Job Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Web Address: https://www.concordia.ca/artsci/cmll.html
Job Title: Assistant Professor of Linguistics
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Phonetics; Generative Linguistic Theory

Concordia University's Department of Classics, Modern Languages and
Linguistics seeks applications for a tenure-track appointment in Linguistics.
The successful applicant will specialize in Phonetics and have competence in
generative linguistics theory demonstrated through both research and teaching.
Research on an Indo-European language that complements the expertise of
current faculty is desirable. Competence in teaching linguistic field methods
is a significant advantage. Applicant must have a Ph.D. in Linguistics with
demonstrated teaching experience in both articulatory and acoustic Phonetics
as well as the ability to teach broadly in an undergraduate linguistics
program.

Applications should be addressed to: Dr. Madelyn Kissock, Chair, Department of
Classics, Modern Languages and Linguistics at the application email provided
below and must include:
- A cover letter clearly identifying the title and position code
(20_L_CMLL_M),
- A detailed curriculum vitae,
- Teaching and research statements, and
- The names and contact information of three (3) referees.

Note: Applicants should arrange for three letters of reference which address
their qualifications for the announced position to be sent directly to: Dr.
Madelyn Kissock, Chair (CMLL.Chair at concordia.ca).

Electronic applications should be submitted by December 01, 2020. Only
short-listed candidates will be notified. The appointment is expected to
commence in August 01, 2020.

Concordia strives to be an inclusive institution that is welcoming of diverse
backgrounds and experiences in order to improve learning, advance research,
inspire creativity, and drive productivity. We define diversity broadly to
include both ethnic and socio‐cultural background and diversity of
perspectives, ideologies and traditions.

As part of this commitment to providing our students with the dynamic,
innovative, and inclusive educational environment of a Next‐Generation
University, we require all applicants to articulate in their cover letter how
their background, as well as lived and professional experiences and expertise
have prepared them to conduct innovative research and to teach in ways that
are relevant for a diverse, multicultural contemporary Canadian society.

All applicants will receive an email invitation to complete a short equity
survey. Participation in the survey is voluntary and no identifying
information about candidates will be shared with hiring committees. Candidates
who wish to self-identify as a member of an underrepresented group to the
hiring committee may do so in their cover letter or by writing directly to the
contact person indicated in this posting.

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and
Permanent Residents will be given priority. To comply with the Government of
Canada’s reporting requirements, the University is obliged to gather
information about applicants’ status as either Permanent Residents of Canada
or Canadian citizens. While applicants need not identify their country of
origin or current citizenship, all applicants must include one of the
following statements:
Yes, I am a citizen or permanent resident of Canada or  No, I am not a citizen
or permanent resident of Canada]

Application Deadline: 01-Dec-2020

Email Address for Applications: CMLL.Chair at concordia.ca
Contact Information: