31.3181, Confs: Gen Ling/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Oct 20 00:17:02 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3181. Mon Oct 19 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3181, Confs: Gen Ling/Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 20:16:35
From: Sarah Clark [sarahc4 at illinois.edu]
Subject: 13th Annual Meeting of the Illinois Language and Linguistics Society

13th Annual Meeting of the Illinois Language and Linguistics Society
Short Title: ILLS 13

Date: 26-Feb-2021 - 27-Feb-2021
Location: Virtual (Zoom), USA
Contact: Sarah Clark
Contact Email: ills-conference at illinois.edu
Meeting URL: http://ills.linguistics.illinois.edu

ILLS is an annual graduate student-run conference aimed primarily at providing
graduate and advanced undergraduate students a friendly venue in which to
present and discuss research on any topic related to language and linguistics.
The conference theme for ILLS 13 is “Minoritized Language in a Globalized
World.”

ILLS is a general linguistics conference open to any and all submissions
relating to language and linguistics. The conference theme for ILLS 13 is
“Minoritized Language in a Globalized World.” Submissions related to this
theme are especially encouraged, though submissions are
not limited to this theme. We primarily encourage submissions from graduate
and undergraduate students. We hold that an interdisciplinary exchange of
ideas and a collaborative approach to language from a multitude of avenues is
fundamental to the advancement of language research and the subsequent
understanding of our world, cultures, and societies.

Additionally, the Sociolinguistics Symposium (SOSY) will again be held in
conjunction with ILLS this year. SOSY will take place in parallel with ILLS
February 26-27, 2021. If you are interested in SOSY, you can find more
information and the call for papers at:
https://publish.illinois.edu/sociolinguisticssymposium/. Please note, you are
welcome to submit abstracts to both SOSY and ILLS, however the same abstract
will not be accepted for both events.

Call for Papers:

To submit an abstract, please visit: http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/ILLS13

Submissions are limited to one single-author abstract and one multi-author
abstract, OR two multi-author abstracts. First and presenting authors must be
students.

Abstracts should be a maximum of 500 words, with one extra page allowed for
images, data, and/or references. Full references are not necessary; please use
the (Author, Year) format. Abstracts should be submitted via EasyAbs on
LinguistList.org in PDF format with NO IDENTIFYING INFORMATION of the
presenter in the document.

Submissions will close on November 14, 2020.
Authors will be notified of abstract decisions in December 2020.