31.3199, Confs: Cog Sci, Comp Ling, Disc Analysis/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Oct 21 23:35:09 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3199. Wed Oct 21 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3199, Confs: Cog Sci, Comp Ling, Disc Analysis/Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 19:34:34
From: Kerstin Fischer [kerstin at sdu.dk]
Subject: Alt.HRI - Human-Robot Interaction Conference

Alt.HRI - Human-Robot Interaction Conference
Short Title: Alt.HRI

Date: 08-Mar-2021 - 11-Mar-2021
Location: Bolder, Colorado - virtual, USA
Contact: Kerstin Fischer
Contact Email: kerstin at sdu.dk
Meeting URL: https://humanrobotinteraction.org/2021/alt-hri/

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Discourse Analysis

Meeting Description:

Alt.HRI is a theme at the Human-Robot Interaction Conference that is open to
contributions from various disciplines that approach the ways in which people
interact with robots in novel ways. The HRI Conference is a highly prestigious
and highly interdisciplinary conference and one of the main forums for
researchers of the HRI community.

Call for Papers:

We hereby invite your contributions to the Alt.HRI track of this year’s HRI
conference, which will take place virtually March 8-11, 2021.

Alt.HRI is looking for contributions from disciplines that aren't part of the
mainstream of human-robot interaction research yet and ask for the unexpected,
the controversial, the creative, and the diverse. Alt.HRI papers aim to
trigger meaningful and respectful discussions in the HRI community.

For instance, since human-robot interactions are becoming increasingly verbal,
we would like to encourage linguists to submit analyses of verbal interactions
between people and robots. Furthermore, we are looking for work on discourse
about robots, for example, on the news, on social media or in fiction. But
most importantly, we are looking for novel perspectives that rest on
linguistic, discourse analytic, narratological or other background and that
shed new light on human-robot interactions.

Submission Deadline: 30 November 2020
Notification of Acceptance: 7 January 2021
Final Submission: 12 January 2021

Papers need to be anonymized, 4-8 pages long and follow the ACM SIG format.
Authors should use the template files available from the conference website.
Looking forward to hearing from the bolder researchers!

ALT.HRI CHAIRS:
Kerstin Fischer, University of Southern Denmark, kerstin at sdu.dk
Eduardo B. Sandoval, University of New South Wales e.sandoval at unsw.edu.au